Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 04:11 PM
Aviak

In all seriousness I met some good people on Red, but it was too hard to get regular groups w/ the population in it's current state : (

Neeron Underhill
34 Warrior

Nasr Drogba
24 Necromancer

Old 04-01-2014, 04:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzeriel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fixed.
I played on blue and had a good time while I was there, this was when <Full Circle> was a leveling guild.

I logged on red one day while blue was down, made it to level 5 or so before venturing into ec to take a look around. Some druid ran up on me and at the time I thought he had a green light to attack me so I was scared and ran. He caught up to me and asked if I wanted buffs. He tossed a invite so I accepted, next thing I know we are being whisked away to North Karana so that this "foul elf may be cleansed of filth!" as the treants and druids there killed me. Welcome to level 4. I never logged back onto blue again.
Old 04-01-2014, 04:32 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fame [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I played on blue and had a good time while I was there, this was when <Full Circle> was a leveling guild.

I logged on red one day while blue was down, made it to level 5 or so before venturing into ec to take a look around. Some druid ran up on me and at the time I thought he had a green light to attack me so I was scared and ran. He caught up to me and asked if I wanted buffs. He tossed a invite so I accepted, next thing I know we are being whisked away to North Karana so that this "foul elf may be cleansed of filth!" as the treants and druids there killed me. Welcome to level 4. I never logged back onto blue again.
Ok so your not a sociopath but you are a masochist.
Old 04-01-2014, 04:48 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fame [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

My impersonation of p99 red's population when they spot a nubile young elf.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Problem is, that druid was an amateur. Any true bro would have convinced you to invis through an enemy city, and without you knowing bound you next to a few guards.
Last edited by Yonkec; 04-01-2014 at 04:52 PM..
Old 04-01-2014, 06:35 PM
Banned

Lots of good feedback in the Red Server thread. Thanks for those sharing. It's good to know where people stand on this. I'm hoping the staff are lurking in these threads. Ironically less trolling going on in Red Server Chat on this thread.

And this is not a recruitment post. It's for information/sharing of ideas/opinions.
Old 04-01-2014, 06:47 PM
Kobold

Here's an idea if you want a PvP server. Have the Devs make a fresh purple server. Make it like a WoW PvE server, where you can flag and unflag when you want. You'll attract a crowd that wants to play on a fresh server, you'll attract people who will stay flagged all the time and most importantly, you'll attract the crowd who wants to PvP on their own terms. Friday Night Brawls. I'm sure even "bluebies" would flag up for fun events, weekly or scheduled. That way you could PvP without being at the mercy of the sociopaths as to whether or not you get to enjoy it. When you wanna just kick back, group, exp? Unflag.
Old 04-01-2014, 06:53 PM
Planar Protector

Basically none of the people who play on red would play on a purple server.
Old 04-01-2014, 06:55 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ironically less trolling going on in Red Server Chat on this thread.
Hence my post.
For the most part, everyone trying to post how much better Red is in Blue forums focus pretty much on dumping all over Blue. If Blue is so bad, why do you even try to get Blue players to switch? Simple, and we know why: More fodder to stroke the aforementioned sociopathic eThug egos.

Quote:
And this is not a recruitment post. It's for information/sharing of ideas/opinions.
First honestly sincere and non-threatening post about Red that I can remember seeing, and first time, I think, I've ever replied to one [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-01-2014, 07:00 PM
Banned

You should probably re-read the OP Goofier. Thanks )

Red has probs. This thread is about what those probs are. Red players don't generally make to much of a mess on the blueboards and when they do it's generally quickly cleaned up. IMO.

This thread is just to inform people were to share their personal opinion on red.

We (I am, royal we here) are interested in what people who don't normally play red or browse red forums has to say. Hence the post here as well.
Last edited by Azure; 04-01-2014 at 07:05 PM..
Old 04-01-2014, 07:05 PM
Kobold

The reasons are the same as always:

- PVP in EQ is bad
- Playing on an empty server sucks
- Red population are shitheads

Most people don't want to invest time on both servers so they play the one which doesn't have these problems