Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2014, 05:48 PM
Aviak

Default Tradeskill caps and Velious Coldain Prayer Shawls

The 6th shawl shows a 208 trivial tailoring skill for a successful combine.

Can you only get one Tradeskill above 200 with the other tradeskills capping out at 200? With Velious can you get more than one Tradeskill above 200?

I only ask because my blacksmithing is above 200. With a 208 Tailoring trivial I guess I just risk the chance of a failed combine? All other Tradeskill trivials for the shawl quests are below 200.

Any insight is appreciated!

11-22-99 to 11-03-04
Torvonillous
Old 01-21-2014, 05:50 PM
Planar Protector

Shawl 5 or 6 failed all the time. It's still very doable at like 150 skill after about 4-5 fails :P The one with the fucking wolf hide from WW.
Old 01-21-2014, 05:50 PM
Planar Protector

you don't need 208 to successful combine that Shawl ( on live it took two attempts at like 161)

obviously the closer to 208 you are the higher chance you can succeed but for this part of the quest ALL of the items are very easy to gather again

its designed for it to not be a 'trivial' combine, however some of the more diligent EQers will make sure they don't have to gather the materials again

off the top of my head I think the hardest item to get for this combine is blood that always drops from the frost giant royals.... other than that its just some junk from Sirens Grotto and the like
Old 01-21-2014, 06:10 PM
Planar Protector

To answer your question though. No you cant get more then 1 above in velious. It was allowed with a AA in luclin or PoP though. But as stated you dont need 208 skill but still have a chance to fail.
Old 01-21-2014, 06:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by billw134 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The 6th shawl shows a 208 trivial tailoring skill for a successful combine.

Can you only get one Tradeskill above 200 with the other tradeskills capping out at 200? With Velious can you get more than one Tradeskill above 200?

I only ask because my blacksmithing is above 200. With a 208 Tailoring trivial I guess I just risk the chance of a failed combine? All other Tradeskill trivials for the shawl quests are below 200.

Any insight is appreciated!
No tradeskill combine is 100% unless it's quest and marked as such.

200 Tailoring with a 208 trivial is going to be a 95% success rate, the same as if it was a lvl 1 combine. In fact, if it were 209 it would only be a 94.75% success rate - so it is just the right level for guaranteeing the 'best' chances of success.

People commonly confuse 'trivial' with 'guaranteed success'.

TRIVIAL refers to if you can get a skillup off of making the item. It is an independent variable in determining whether or not you a) succeed in making an item and b) get a skill up from your combine.

Success Rate is only determined by your current skill vs the trivial level

Skill-up Chance is determined by:

1) trivial
2) main stat
3) tradeskill difficulty

All tradeskill combines have a 5% base chance of success, regardless of trivial
All tradeskill combines have a 5% base chance of failure, regardless of trivial.

SUCCESS RATE = =MAX(5,MIN(SKILL_LEVEL-0.75*TRIVIAL+51.5,95))

or in this case

MAX(5,MIN(200-(208*.75)+51.5,95))
MAX(5,MIN(200-156+51.5,95))
MAX(5,MIN(95.5,95))
MAX(5,95)
95%

<insert the more you know jpeg here>
Old 01-21-2014, 06:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you don't need 208 to successful combine that Shawl ( on live it took two attempts at like 161)

obviously the closer to 208 you are the higher chance you can succeed but for this part of the quest ALL of the items are very easy to gather again

its designed for it to not be a 'trivial' combine, however some of the more diligent EQers will make sure they don't have to gather the materials again

off the top of my head I think the hardest item to get for this combine is blood that always drops from the frost giant royals.... other than that its just some junk from Sirens Grotto and the like
56.5% chance of success with 161 skill. Basically an 81% chance you'd get it with two combines.
Old 01-21-2014, 06:37 PM
Planar Protector

Spoiler alert etc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-21-2014, 08:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by August [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
56.5% chance of success with 161 skill. Basically an 81% chance you'd get it with two combines.
So farm 3 tries worth then go buy a lottery ticket if all 3 fail?

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 01-21-2014, 08:22 PM
Planar Protector

LMGTFY
Old 01-21-2014, 08:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Heh, reminds me of my accountant friend in Vegas.

Sleepz: I'm down 200 bucks, but if I keep playing I'm bound to win because the average win percentage is 49% and I'm at 41%
August: But Sleepz, it's not like your past performance will affect the future. You will still on average only lose from now on
Sleepz: No dude if you look at it on average for the entire time I play I will come out to be about 49% win percentage so if I keep playing i HAVE to win more than I lose to come out
August: That's not how gambling works
Sleepz: Dude I have a masters in accounting, trust me.
August: Ok.
Closed Thread