Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 02:14 PM
Planar Protector

Hrm everyone on Zam says 1-12 not 2-12 o well. Search "stun" on the Zam site for tstaff. Everyone saying 1-12 seconds, except one guy who said 1-6.
Old 07-21-2013, 02:19 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ya tstaff stun should be 2-12 seconds. On red99 it lasts 20 to 21, because even after the effect is supposed to be off you remain stunned for a bit.
QFT

[ANONYMOUS] dip|o the Conjurer
Old 07-21-2013, 02:39 PM
Sarnak

I always thought TStaff was random 4s-12s duration (and Skean was never relevant due to resists, so whatever), however in relation to the server mechanics regarding resists, roots, mage pets, infinite range wiz nukes, etc., then I really have no complaints. I think it all needs to be lumped into one PVP patch instead of overcompensating and potentially over-nerfing.
Old 07-21-2013, 02:44 PM
Kobold

Fixing T-staff and Skean is a start. It should be 1-12 second stun and not a guaranteed 12 seconds either. Also, like others have said, it seems to proc on first swing (hit or miss) way too often.
Old 07-21-2013, 02:44 PM
Planar Protector

my monk on live had staff and it proced much less and the duration was shorter.
But as gong said it is crucial other spell mechanics/resists be looked into because those are just as broke if not more broken than tstaff.
Old 07-21-2013, 02:46 PM
Banned

skean:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=2456

Quote:
Whats up..Rake of the 52'nd here...I must say, I was looking forward to gettin this weapon for a while, and I finally got Renux and have been Lovin this sword...The stats are not great, and its slow, but, Clockwork Poison is Sweet...!! 1-12sec stun, and when it does last 12sec, your tank Thanks You...Only thing, and it might be a bug, but on NPC's, there are No Visuals to the proc, and will not spin a mob in circles. I was dueling a friend for kicks, it proc'ed, and I watched him spin around in circles for about 9 sec. Was Hillarious..!! Its a Good stun, seem to have good luck proc'in out when the time is right..!! So have Fun...!!
Quote:
On my daily course of reading various message boards, I came across a post about this weap. Apparently it's a great weap for warriors, since the proc is a huge taunt and it can stun the target up to 12 seconds. I've had it sitting in my bank for a while, collecting dust, never knew that it was a stun. Time to break it out. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
proc = dd for 5 dmg a little fast dot and stun for 1 - 12 sec depending on which mob
Old 07-21-2013, 02:48 PM
Sarnak

Also, I have no comment on proc rate. It seems fine. Sometimes you get 3 procs in one fight, sometimes you go 3 fights without one proc.
Old 07-21-2013, 02:52 PM
Banned

tstaff:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=572

Quote:
I got this staff from my rl friend.
It is 29 30 10wt proc 100 blows.
I have fought Tunare - idol statue AoW
and non resisted....it proc 75dd in pvp and stunn las 12 sec.Now people who say this wep is only for twinks are wrong. T staff is one of the best pvp weps in the game for monks..Now dont flame im not on a pvp server but do pvp alot in arna.And i also have FoN form tunare and SoM from kael but this is alot better for pvp one proc + innerflame = dead caster or melee with alot less hp only thing wrong with this wep in pvp is people spin and can still repoist used to just stand still [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Vishish Bloodshedder TP server
Quote:
First off, as long as the skelly warlord pops at second bridge you don't have to kill his other PH's, so long as no one is killing his other PH's, so he'll spawn only at the second bridge IF he does spawn. Second, the staff doesn't show in his hand, nor does he "crush" you with it either. And as for the effect, it's 120 damage out-right, 1-12 second stun, and the stun will last either 1 tick(6 seconds) or 2 ticks(12 seconds), or just insta stun the mob. Also, it is unresistable, period, I've had this thing before and it's never been resisted ever, I used it on Naggy and it never resisted on him. I just looted one today (Turkey Day) and I should know. This has been the happiest Turkey Day ever for me (=
Quote:
T-staff procs 120 dd and a stun that last for 1-12 seconds. Stun duration is random (1-12 sec) but have yet to have it resisted.
Quote:
The DD part of the Proc always happens, the Stun though still not stun Unstunnable Mobs. The Consensus on Monkly Business seems to be that the Stun Lasts for 3 6 or 12 seconds, depending on the mob's level. If you Duel with it it tends to stun other toons for 12.
Quote:
This thing hurts in pvp, when my druid was lvl 49 er so i had a lvl 53 monk beeting on me with this, he procced once then again about 6 seconds later, needless to say a druid stunned for 18seconds against a monk with a weapon ratio like this isnt good
that one's a bit hard to interpret whether he's saying 18s per proc or 6 + 12 = 18 from 2 procs, which is more consistent with the rest of the responses

Quote:
The proc rate is very high unresistable , 120dd + 1 - 6 secs stun , but similar like common root series spells , you will recieve a spell fade message from mobs. But , why mobs always start to move or attack before the spell fade message appear? Is there any unshown effect on 100 blows?
Quote:
Got this babe tonight 4/30 , yes it is a surprise and seems it is mine fately. I was group with guildies and we camping RCY of KC , I am the only monk / puller in group. Soon I found Skely Warlord pop near the entrance of both Lcy and Rcy , I rushed into warlord and try to pull back my group (solo it should not be a problem) , soon , the ML looted a T Staff ( woot ).
well it proc many times and stuns random secs. I will use the babe a while with my ADM club/BORS combine.
Old 07-21-2013, 02:55 PM
Banned

tstaff info taken from ton po's page:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=586

Quote:
The proc on the stick is one of THE best procs you could ever have. it does 120 UNRESISTABLE damage and its a stun longest ive had it for was like 6 seconds. This is your best friend for all mobs and it makes pking a breeze. Keep this staff
Quote:
Ok, i just had to say this, on Brell there is 1 maybe 2 on the server. If it were to sell i'd have to say it would fetch at least 450k considering the amount on the server. Cause there are 12 Scepters of Destruction selling for 390k a pop and if there is 1/6 that of these then expect to pay more than 400k. And BTW the proc is 150DD and 6 second stun on NPCs and 75DD 5 second stun in duels. just my 2cp
Quote:
It does 120 damage which stuns for around 6 seconds in PVP it does 120 damage stuns for 6 seconds and makes the player spin in circles until it wears off like those mushrooms in Guk that used to cast clockwork poison which was the same thing as this only it was a dot
Quote:
this is funny, yes the staff USED TO BE on traks drop table but not no more. RL friend of mine let me use it at lvl 52 i was hitting 220's my best hit was 231 its a uber weapon too bad it gone, the proc is a 120dd with a unresistable stun but lasts anywhere from half a sec to 9 secs. way up there someone made a list of the best monk weapons, dont forget the staff of battle 31/37 should be right under IFS. and yes CoF epic haste and chanter do stack had it all. max % haste you can have is 85% quit arguing and end it =D later
Old 07-21-2013, 02:57 PM
Banned

date of posts pretty irrelevant considering there was no change to one hundred blows other than eventually capping the level at 55 against players sometime in like 2006 or some shit

general idea is that it lasts between 0 and 2 ticks: 0, 6, 12
Closed Thread