Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 11:11 PM
Fire Giant

Why wouldn't you expect to get a fbss you can go sell it and get some GEBS or something. Also, nobody said you be would treated bad because you were unguilded they said you join a guild and get a guild group if you expect NBG.
Old 08-12-2012, 11:19 PM
Planar Protector

i believe everyone puts in the same time and arguably same effort to camp things when you're grouped. theres no reason one person should get something purely because they "Need" it more than others, not to mention the room for abuse in a NBG system.

rolling dice is luck, over time it should even out.
Old 08-12-2012, 11:19 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I wouldn't expect to get an FBSS, because if the tank in my group or the monk in my group can hit harder and faster, then we can kill more, more easily. If you can kill more easily, you can get loot more easily. If you help the tank, maybe next time that tank will let you know if theres room in a group that can use my skills. I don't need to take loot to make money in this game. I will take the loot no one wants and quest the rest of the items and sell those things in the game. I've made Lambent and Crafted pieces, that i cannot use, simply to sell them as profit since it was a no drop item and no one wanted it. I do not need the item others can use immediately to proceed in the game.

If I "HAVE" to join a guild to get NBG groups then this server is a sad sad place. Sad that 6 people can't get together and have a positive experience. I have been given loot in groups that didn't have to pre-announce NBG because I could use it. I have also passed along what I was wearing in that slot to anyone in the group who could use it as an upgrade, so two people can get upgraded at the same.

Again, so sad so many don't understand the social aspect of community gaming.
Old 08-12-2012, 11:22 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Rolling dice is luck? Should even out?!?!?

Okay let me regale you with an experience from back in my live days:::

Paladin lvl 65 killed frenzy..... hmmm...... not exaggeratting at least 150 times. Rolled on every one. NEVER got an FBSS...... That sound even'd out to you?
I always loved when you replace one person with a new one, then the next spawn is frenzy, they roll and win, and ta da now they have to camp....

So everyone putting in equal time in camps is also BS.
Old 08-12-2012, 11:30 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrisard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Zero fucks over people crying in some deep dungeon because they want their pixels defaulted to them simply because they couldn't be troubled to ask how loot was being done or the person getting them there didn't say either because of some retarded social taboo that says "asking how loot is done in a random pickup group before shit actually drops means you're a loot whore".

Ask. If you don't like it, don't go. If you're asking someone to join you, you tell them when you ask them to come. If they don't like it, tell them not to come.

Otherwise you get these absolutely retarded discussions about the "moral ambiguity of profiting off multi-questing practices" (lol).
This thread was over on page one. It's fairly less tactfully said than I would have but it's pretty straightforward here. If you want NBG make sure the group knows it before stuff drops...esp when it's a group of people you don't know.
Old 08-12-2012, 11:38 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kratzy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rolling dice is luck? Should even out?!?!?

Okay let me regale you with an experience from back in my live days:::

Paladin lvl 65 killed frenzy..... hmmm...... not exaggeratting at least 150 times. Rolled on every one. NEVER got an FBSS...... That sound even'd out to you?
I always loved when you replace one person with a new one, then the next spawn is frenzy, they roll and win, and ta da now they have to camp....

So everyone putting in equal time in camps is also BS.
And I'm sure that one very extreme example you provided is the rule and not the exception.

I'm sure people in NBG groups have never been awarded an item and then turned around and sold it. Sorry dude, not everyone plays like you. Some people think rolling is the fairest way to distribute items.
Old 08-12-2012, 11:45 PM
Planar Protector

I'd normally be against MQing because, as a Bard, it would be a lot easier for me to get trak gut rots if extras weren't able to be looted for MQing purposes, but that's how it was in classic and I accept that. There are lots of situations where being able to MQ quest items is a positive thing. What if a pipe drops in a chardok group and no monk is there to loot it? Would you rather the pipe rot? I think it's good that you can loot one for a friend or sell it to a willing buyer who doesn't want to waste their time camping it. Most of the time it makes items more accessible than if MQing weren't possible.

Although it seems like this thread is more about NBG more than it's about whether multiquesting should be allowed.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 08-13-2012, 12:22 AM
Planar Protector

you will have good rolls and bad rolls, but if the dice are truly random it should even out in the end. you will win some rolls and lose some... paladins are really shitty at rolling though, theres your issue
Old 08-13-2012, 12:24 AM
Planar Protector

I personally think quest items are different, for monk pipes i've never rolled on a pipe a monk in the group has actually needed.

even in non-NBG groups i'd still give quest items to the person who needed it.
Old 08-13-2012, 12:56 AM
Planar Protector

One of my first crypt groups, I rolled on a rod of mourning and won. The paladin flipped out. Not more than 5 minutes later, I had traded it for a Hiero cloak (probably the single best enchanter item in the game at the time). The reality is everyone needs gear, and pure greed rolls are simply fair in the long run (well unless you go 0-20 on fungi tunics like me).

To me NBG is just this entitled attitude that everyone else exists for my benefit. If you want NBG, get some friends and get them to come down with you to the camp, or otherwise make sure that everyone knows the drill beforehand.
Closed Thread