Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2020, 12:54 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just for clarity, here is a quick explanation. The two computers do have different ips, but the ips they have are referred to as private ip addresses; typically something like 192.168.0.1 - 192.168.1.255 range (not always). The two computers are thebln connected to your router which acts as the gateway with a 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 ip address.

Now your router also has a public ip address which is given to you by your internet service provider... ( rest of the post was deleted for brevity)

This can be a explained much better and way more in depth, but I am on my cell phone.
This IP masking has to be done because currently there are way more machines using IP addresses than are available under the scheme xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx. The entire ranges 10.0.0.0 to 10.255.255.255, 172.16. 0.0 to 172.31. 255.255, and 192.168. 0.0 to 192.168. 255.255 have been set aside to be private and not used in the outside world. Internet providers (and most companies) will use these addresses internally and do address translation to a public IP that has been assigned to them when a computer needs to reach the outside world. Through the magic of IP ports, multiple machines on an internal network may actuly be using the same public IP address.
Old 08-17-2020, 01:08 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyfoxnz85 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How did you find a wife that willing to play P99? does she have sister? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, she has two sisters. But believe me, I got the very best one.

But regrettably, since she is working now, she has decided that she does not have the time to play :< But 20 years ago, when she wasn't working and we did not have our daughter, we had a great time.

It is funny, while I was writing about having a daughter now, she came to the computer room door asking where her breakfast was.
Closed Thread