Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2019, 12:56 PM
Planar Protector

If your Druid's basically a port/utility alt--which accounts for the large majority of Druids--Sneak is essentially just a nice little fluff ability that lets you use a few merchants here and there in the game. For the minority of Druids who play the class as a main character Sneak may have more utility.

Danth
Old 11-14-2019, 10:52 PM
Planar Protector

And if you didn't know you can camo to get behind someone like a banker or any KOS quest NPC. You don't have to approach them from far away like you are playing "Thief". If the sneak does not work, your speed will remain unchanged, when it works you will noticeably slow down in movement speed.
Old 11-15-2019, 12:48 AM
Fire Giant

Well my old Main on Blue was a Druid, I got to 51 and never ever needed Sneak or being a halfling or wood elf, I was a plain Qeynos Human worshipper of Karana.

To be honest , race in the long run is really a cosmetic factor, in my own experience for a druid and this applies more or less to practically all race class/combos , I did not miss or wished I had rolled a halfling for the extra xp bonus or wanted to be other race for the abilities.

IUnless you really want to powergame and edge out your character as a skill test or have a specific roleplaying or mechanic wise goal, race is just moot "powerwise" ...

I enjoy humans, love the lore, and not everything is about min maxing, but I can respect other peoples opinion on "efficiency" or "power gaming" or "utility" 8)

Same with necros, everybody says to wait for kunark for the extra regen and whatnot, honestly, having played odd necro combos before, it is really cosmetic specially if you are not in a rush and just want to experience the journey.

Just my 2cents worth of opinion! Hope you have fun with your choice friend
----------------------------------
[center]
Last edited by Vormotus; 11-15-2019 at 12:52 AM..
Old 11-15-2019, 05:12 AM
Kobold

Hey, don’t forget there are class specific forums (in the form of groups of classes) - see the thread below for more specifics on race discussion for Druid’s. There are many others too.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=327575
Old 11-15-2019, 05:23 AM
Planar Protector

Sneak is incredible. I couldn't give an exhaustive list of its uses if I tried, I am still finding new uses for it all the time three years on, and I basically can't play a non-Halfling of any class because they don't have it.