Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 12-22-2016, 01:23 AM
Orc

man your going back and forth arent yah?
Old 12-25-2016, 03:10 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreigor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
man your going back and forth arent yah?
yay I come back every now and then to try again, for sure someone here knows a fix for this? lol

So once again ............
Anyone here a high end tech with this sort of thing that would not mind getting in voice chat while I live stream and working with me on this tech issue?
Old 12-25-2016, 07:27 PM
Sarnak

I don't know what I'm talking about and not really a typical troubleshooting thing but... as an extreme option you could try installing and running EQ from a VM. That way you could limit access to the CPU and/or take your graphics card out of the equation entirely (if you can't already do that? Should try if you can). Download Virtualbox and find a winXP or linux ISO (I'd go with Linux Mint and wine as a beginner-friendly linux option myself), fiddle around with the hardware settings, install the OS, and go from there.

Before that I would try setting these lines to FALSE in eqclient.ini, see if that helps any at least on non-P99 servers:
Code:
VertexShaders=FALSE
20PixelShaders=FALSE
14PixelShaders=FALSE
1xPixelShaders=FALSE
Old 12-27-2016, 05:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaSQue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
its actually 1017 error - cannot login to server bla bla - it only pops up when I crash to log in and relog in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaSQue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I rebooted my machine and when I log in now, it doesn't kick me to login screen, it throws up a pop up saying I got an unknown error when trying to log into server.
Quote:
I am able to log into the PEQ server, but watch what happens and how the character is all jittery.
Quote:
when I logged into any other server than the 2 P99 servers it would get to character selection and the character would be all jittery acting, like the movement of standing there was a million times faster
This is a clock speed issue and you need to underclock your CPU in order to play on P99. Do this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreigor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
UNDERclock your cpu to 4.0 then do .1 increments from there untill like 3.2ghz
Others have had the same issue - some go the underclock route and fix it at their CPU's peril, while others aren't willing to downgrade their PC just to play classic elf sim. It's definitely a trade-off, but most of your symptoms are telltale signs of the same issue - there might also be some resolution funkiness going on, but I'm willing to wager that this isn't what's keeping you from signing into the server, and that will probably be easily fixable once you solve the CPU clock timing issue. This is a problem that's unique to P99 due to preventative measures against speed hacking, which explains why you're able to sign into live servers and play without any problems. Others who've had this issue also reported the same jittery/sped-up movement when signing into other EQEmu servers, which you're able to sign into because they aren't running the same check against cheats as P99.
Last edited by paulgiamatti; 12-27-2016 at 06:05 AM..
Old 12-27-2016, 06:48 AM
Banned

Just get Vmware and run EQ from that.

Doesn't fuck with your comp setup and its pretty handy for other things, easily set up in under 30 minutes. I use it as an emulator for the old games that don't run well on new machines.
Old 12-27-2016, 07:39 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by derpcake [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just get Vmware and run EQ from that.

Doesn't fuck with your comp setup and its pretty handy for other things, easily set up in under 30 minutes. I use it as an emulator for the old games that don't run well on new machines.
Can you elaborate on which Vmware to download? I searched their website, but it's a bit filled with stuff I don't understand lmao.
Old 12-27-2016, 10:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaela [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Download Virtualbox and find a winXP or linux ISO (I'd go with Linux Mint and wine as a beginner-friendly linux option myself), fiddle around with the hardware settings, install the OS, and go from there.
I also prefer VirtualBox - if you aren't familiar with setting up kernels in a virtual environment you might want to hit up some YouTube tutorials. It's pretty easy though. And yeah, you need the actual software for whichever operating system you want to virtualize - probably not the best idea to install Windows 7/8/10 in a VM for more than testing purposes, since it will be pretty resource-intensive. If you plan on using a VM to play on P99, for example, you'll want to go with something more lightweight like Windows XP or Linux.
Last edited by paulgiamatti; 12-27-2016 at 10:22 PM..
Old 02-12-2017, 12:05 PM
Fire Giant

Is this the windows link for it? http://www.vmware.com/products/works...valuation.html