Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2015, 08:11 PM
Planar Protector

they def had my money until episodic content
Old 12-10-2015, 04:05 AM
Planar Protector

I wonder if they will animate the Cloud cross-dressing scene at Don Corneo's mansion. Seeing a HD Cloud getting hit on by dudes would be hilarious.

If this is seriously going to released as episodic content they can fuck off. I learned my lesson with Starcraft.
Old 12-10-2015, 05:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wonder if they will animate the Cloud cross-dressing scene at Don Corneo's mansion. Seeing a HD Cloud getting hit on by dudes would be hilarious
and with voice acting

9/10 chance if it is not cut the translation will be tumblr incarnate
Old 12-10-2015, 08:22 AM
Planar Protector

I actually would buy Blitzball as a standalone game if the difficulty was there and the skills to collect/discover were numerous [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Spent way waaaay too long playing that.
Old 12-10-2015, 02:09 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I actually would buy Blitzball as a standalone game if the difficulty was there and the skills to collect/discover were numerous [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Spent way waaaay too long playing that.
dat wakka ultimate weapon....

Did you guys all see the list of trophies available on the PS4 port of FF7? (not the remake, just the port).

http://www.exophase.com/game/final-f...-ps4/trophies/

I'm really disappointed. I bought it anyways, but I really would have liked a more extensive list of more fun trophies.

There is a trophy for going on a date with Barrett, but that's the only date trophy. Why not have a meta trophy for going on dates with all available chars?

There is a trophy for having Don Corneo pick Cloud. Why not trophies for the girls too and then another meta?

Why is there only 1 trophy for Golden Saucer minigames not including chocobo racing?

Another dozen have popped into my head in the past day and another 50 would pop in if my memories of the game weren't almost 10 years old (since last full playthrough).

Seems like if they'd taken 30 minutes of some nerds sitting in a room with some mountain dew and doritos and then another week of a dude digging through memory locations we could have gotten a much better list of trophies than this slapdash crap.

You can get all of these trophies in 1 playthrough. Not fatal to a trophy list for sure, but in a game that takes multiple playthroughs to do everything, shouldn't there be trophies to recognize that? I dunno. It seems like its possible to get a few trophies within the first 10 minutes of starting the game and then not get another trophy till you're at the very end of the game. Kinda just bleh.

Edit: For example. Dark Souls. If you want the platinum in Dark Souls, you have to do almost every little thing there is to do in that game and play through it a minimum of 2.5 times (need 3 sif kills). This FF7 version seems happy to give you a platinum trophy after just getting a master summoning materia (which is not joke for sure and probably the most tedious thing to get in the game, but its certainly not the whole game).
Last edited by maestrom; 12-10-2015 at 02:15 PM..
Old 12-11-2015, 12:03 AM
Fire Giant

Now that I think about it I'm okay with episodic releases, depending on how long the parts are. Real talk, they just can't afford to recreate the entire game at once. It's fucking huge, especially when you realize that what would normally be one pre rendered background will be an open 3d area. Or at least as open as modern FF game design allows. The first Midgar and Shinra bldg sections could easily be a 20-30 hour game by itself.

Also I think they said something like the completed parts would be a longer game then the original, but that could just be bullshit. I'm tentatively keeping my hopes up though.

Blue
: Seniksin | Jarshale
Red: Sieg | Cazissa
Last edited by jarshale; 12-11-2015 at 12:06 AM..
Old 12-11-2015, 12:42 AM
Planar Protector

I'll at least wait until they are all out so i can buy it as a package deal
Old 12-11-2015, 02:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarshale [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Now that I think about it I'm okay with episodic releases...
Here it comes, people just gonna let them cash in 3 times instead of 1.

Yes its a big game, but that's not an excuse.

What about if they did it in 5 parts? 10? Is 3 parts your limit?

Gamers are their own worst enemy sometimes.
Old 12-11-2015, 02:12 AM
Planar Protector

Holy shit I thought Kagatob was kidding about the episodic content.

Fucking Square. No, fucking gaming industry. Actually, fucking entire entertainment industry.

We didn't need 3 fucking Hobbits and we don't need 3 FF VII's
Old 12-11-2015, 02:26 AM
Banned

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Holy shit I thought Kagatob was kidding about the episodic content.

Fucking Square. No, fucking gaming industry. Actually, fucking entire entertainment industry.

We didn't need 3 fucking Hobbits and we don't need 3 FF VII's
No no, fucking entire society. Fucking collective consciousness of the English-speaking world. I can pinpoint the exact moment where we all forked off (or maybe I'm here alone, hello???) away from reality and into the bizarro parody universe. It's right now.
Closed Thread