Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2015, 06:23 PM
Banned

Default Square (as expected) ruins FFVII

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A3sBZ5Nr4hc

Not surprised, still fuming though. Not a single redeeming feature or resemblance to the source material.

Worst day for gaming in a year of bad days for gaming.
Old 12-05-2015, 06:25 PM
Planar Protector

ff7 was good but it wasnt that good. final fantasy 3 was the best final fantasy. long live snes, long live the returners, long live kefka.
Old 12-05-2015, 06:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ff7 was good but it wasnt that good. final fantasy 3 was the best final fantasy. long live snes, long live the returners, long live kefka.
*in kagatob voice* fucking normie doesn't even know final fantasy 3 in the us is actually #6 in the series. do you even japan you chad?

IM KAGATOB AND IM MAD ABOUT VIDEO GAMES FOR THE TEN MILLIONTH TIME!
Old 12-05-2015, 06:37 PM
Banned

I think the new ff7 looks pretty good imo
Old 12-05-2015, 06:41 PM
Planar Protector

Not only does that appear to be a stylistic and thematic abortion, I'm doubtful the game could be anywhere as long as the original with graphics like that. Wouldn't be surprised if the game barely makes it out of Midgar.

Square, and the Japanese as a whole it seems, are just so fucking bad at marketing to North America and building hype (In addition to being bad at making games in the last decade). The whole trailer just focuses on lame Midgar combat when that was never what made FF VII special. They didn't even try to milk people for their feels and nostalgia by offering a glimpse of the greater FF VII world/storyline/atmosphere that brings back so many good memories for people. The atmosphere is just so bad and off and doesn't even come close to capturing the spirit of the game.

Also Barrett is apparently voiced by Glenn Howerton as Roger Murtaugh.
Old 12-05-2015, 06:42 PM
Banned

A fool and their money...

Whatever, money saved. This was the only reason I would of considered buying a console.

Calling it now, paid DLC for gold saucer games, special materia (summons), colored chocobos, skins for the Highwind/Submarine and probably Vincent/Yuffie.
Old 12-05-2015, 06:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KagatobLuvsAnimu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A fool and their money...

Whatever, money saved. This was the only reason I would of considered buying a console.

Calling it now, paid DLC for gold saucer games, special materia (summons), colored chocobos, skins for the Highwind/Submarine and probably Vincent/Yuffie.
dude, that sounds sweet. could you hop on the twitter and send square those ideas?
Old 12-05-2015, 06:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by KagatobLuvsAnimu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
9 > 7 > 6/3
Old 12-05-2015, 06:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

9 > 7 > 6/3
Not saying 9 was bad but something about only being to hit 9999x2 max really pissed me off and I never forgave the game for it.
Old 12-05-2015, 07:11 PM
Banned

9 and 6 were the best because you could map the controllers to different characters and role play with a friend and read the dialogue. You'd have to be autistic to play any of the Playstation FFs solo.

If this spell isn't redone with PS4 graphics I'm still gonna find a way to be pissed tho.
Closed Thread