Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

View Poll Results: is Ied 99 the least PVP oriented pvp box?
yes 30 65.22%
no 16 34.78%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2015, 02:43 PM
Banned

the reason we couldn't enter velious with several viable competing guilds is because you guys are bad at leading guilds and give up after a single loss
Old 09-14-2015, 02:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colgate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the reason we couldn't enter velious with several viable competing guilds is because you guys are bad at leading guilds and give up after a single loss
Zergs are not guilds, my friend.

Rogean said it best.. u bad
Old 09-14-2015, 02:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lite [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My answer would most likely be oriented towards what a night of proper Kunark pvp would have been like, which is what I campaigned for time and time again.

The fact that sim repops were never automated and caused any non zerg guilds to not be viable, led to us entering Velious with the horrible guild composition we have at the moment.

There's absolutely no reason for why we couldn't have entered Velious with several viable competing guilds. Now repairing the damage is too much imo.

Were you there for Red Dawn v Nihilum V Azrael for Severilous?

Something like that. This situation only came about because all factions involved were not bound by progress being tied up to 7 day timers. Then sim pops were not seen again except for once every few months and it went back to just nihilum.
I honestly think a box like that could be fun but I think its an even faster progression than what we have here.. Which I totally think would be fun.. albeit I think progression on r99 is already too fast as it is with the EXP bonus and low pop.

Personally though, if it just comes down to competition for you, I don't think its gear that makes a guild able to compete, its the will of the army and the organization of the leadership. I mean you surely would agree that is at least a major factor. You are able to build a guild of people that are nigh on cultish with there worship of you, I think thats great.

But like Ive said in other posts and many many empire have said, there are plenty of mobs left up for competing guilds to hone their skill and gear up with...

I'm 100% sure that sim repops would increase the speed at which a guild can gear up and compete, but without a friendly like minded group of individuals any competition just seems to fall apart. With sim repops I think that would still happen, just a select 10-20% of players would gear up a lot faster.

Sounds like the old days were fun here, but I can assure you, the modern days are fun as hell too, if not exactly what you are after.. Idk man.. There are some extrodinarly tallented pvpers outside of empire, and quite a few that are drasticaly better geared.. its their personalities that i think prevent competition, not so much the sim repops.
Old 09-14-2015, 10:32 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colgate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Not many people have the time to lead guilds here, its true.

I am impressed with your 18 hour a day commitment for the last two years .

God only knows what you've missed out on.

Bless those little noodle arms. Bless them.
Old 09-14-2015, 10:42 PM
Sarnak

Love being in a casual raiding guild that takes 4 days a week off and only raids 4 hours a night.

Must be horrible to set alarms to vampire hours to slay Kunark mobs?
Old 09-14-2015, 11:21 PM
Banned

mass pvp is a dumb clusterfuck of random shit going on
Old 09-15-2015, 03:32 AM
Fire Giant

This box is pretty much like every other box in terms of pvp and raid scene.

Every box had a #1 guild that was able to oppress the other guilds until #1 guild got bored and stopped playing allowing lower guilds to take over until new content was added.

How this box differs is that the content and coding is way better and macroquesting didnt shut the server down like it did on other pvp server. Other server had warping, tons of duping, crashing zones.

What the other box had that this doesnt was two guilds that had a leader(s) to rely on and that could lead
Old 09-15-2015, 03:34 AM
Banned

yo dumb shit ur ranting in server chat again

get banned
Old 09-15-2015, 03:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stasis01 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People don't like mass PVP more than the PVE progression style or else more would be doing it.

I hate to quote Nirgon, but hate the game not the playa.

(My favorite part of EQ is mass pvp, I wish it wasn't so)
I actually agree with you on this. R99 is fairly boring right now and only reason why I raided in nihilum was because I could afk raid from work many years ago when my role had no challenges. The mass pvp was the highlights by far and I enjoyed the game just as much when nihilum was the underdog on nizzars fabled D3 break.

Now I'm in charge of the infrastructure (given that the infrastructure manager is on leave) technical project manager for new business and am an adhoc dev when needed. Raiding @ work was over a very long time ago when my role was solely application support and I knew the system inside-out.
Last edited by Drakaris; 09-15-2015 at 03:43 AM..
Old 09-15-2015, 04:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colgate
It was your current guild members that gave up and left after a single loss
Closed Thread