Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2015, 01:50 PM
Sarnak

Well, >this thread< features rogues saying how great sneak suddenly got six months ago, which confirms Colgate's assertion.
Old 06-22-2015, 04:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colgate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
nothing in the game will see you if you are sneaking behind them

most mobs in the game can't see through sneak/hide at all

dragons, dogs in chardok, and a few plane of hate mobs are the only ones that come to mind who can
some goos in HS.
Old 06-26-2015, 12:34 PM
Skeleton

very few mobs can see through sneak/hide goos in HS shouldnt from what i remember from classic. spent alot of time in HS back in the day. I also dont remember spite golums in hate being able to see through either. (kinda sketchy on that though)

some dogs in chardok yes, few spiders in velks lab can (mainly up near velkator himself)

gods do. dragons did not.
Old 06-26-2015, 12:50 PM
Planar Protector

Its been changed a few times on p99. Its current form, comparatively to other times on p99, is pretty good for rogues.

I assume its mostly an issue of most of the evidence for what did/did not see thru rogue hide is very anecdotal.

Nothing in the game sees thru sneak.
Old 06-26-2015, 12:53 PM
Sarnak

Dont get confused with post-classic 'shroud of stealth' AA. That basically beefed up hide even further where pretty much nothing saw you.
Old 06-26-2015, 01:07 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty405 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dont get confused with post-classic 'shroud of stealth' AA. That basically beefed up hide even further where pretty much nothing saw you.

Ahh right i had forgotten about that AA, probably why i remember things differently.
Old 06-26-2015, 01:26 PM
Banned

yeah i know in kunark, currently, dragons see through rogue sneak/hide if you're in front of them

but i'm pretty sure the dragons in temple of veeshan aren't supposed to see a rogue who has sneak/hide on at all unless he's dragging a corpse
Old 06-27-2015, 01:33 PM
Planar Protector

I don't think Rogues are able to do what they did in early live on P1999. On group wipes live they could drag corpses out of about anywhere deep into a zone and make it happen over and over for the whole group dragging bodies.

Good luck having that happen on here anymore with that nerf 6 months ago. A Rogue to me is just gimped on here and not much better than a DE anything any more. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-28-2015, 07:59 AM
Skeleton

Rogues can do a lot more here then they could do early on live. At the start there was no sneak/hide. you could either sneak, or you could hide, not both. Back then we could also backstab for 1 point of damage. Rogues here are not gimp, trust me on that.
Old 06-28-2015, 04:01 PM
Planar Protector

Undead in Hate and Evil Eyes should definitely see through Sneak/Hide, not sure if they do on this server though.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Closed Thread