Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2010, 07:40 PM
Fire Giant

Ocean of Tears.
Not particularly 'scary' the way Feerott is, but the sheer realization that a bad pull is death is pretty intense. No zoning out. Even if you ditch and gate, its a long boat ride back, and your spawn may be claimed.

Heres a funny/sad story:
On my live shaman, I was camping gargs and pulled a 3rd. LoM, I had a SoW and a DMF so I tried to kite them over the water. I ended up saying 'fuckit' and thinking I'd zone out by running. I ran and ran and all of the sudden I start getting hit by the gargs...
WTF?!?!
a few spams of /loc reveals I'm not moving. Its the zone wall.
In a panic, I ended up kiting 3 gargs with an empty mana bar for the whole 14 minutes my SoW lasted, when it ran out, I died just offshore of Sister Isle.
Old 10-03-2010, 07:40 PM
Sarnak

freaking deep down in chardok, when a horde of nasty melee and fuck-you-up casters would all come running down on your ass.
Old 10-03-2010, 09:54 PM
Kobold

Siren's Grotto was always great - as a bard, you could make the run to NToV pretty easily, but I remember many times waiting up with a cleric for the inevitable CR/rez requests from folks which were sure to come in as we mustered for a raid.

My personal scary zone was SolB - I was an lguk kinda guy, and so getting lost in there without a clue of where I was going while everyone was waiting for me to do Nag my first time was amazingly stressful.
Old 10-03-2010, 10:36 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourthmeal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Griegs End in Luclin was pretty scary too. What do you mean there's an invis mob that can quad me for 1600?
What in the world does this have to do with the wonderful Culinary delights of the Bell?
Old 10-13-2010, 07:05 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanlei [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In classic it was absolutly OOT, don't you guys remember how bad the UI was and the water...when you went under you couldn't see your hand infront of your face, and it was a flip of the coin if the Allizewsaur would attack the boat or not, not to mention the boat could just dump you at times if you lagged or the server lagged or what not. Awful place.
OOT scared the living crap out of me. Kithicor comes in a close second but never I have I felt so helpless and in danger as I did in OOT.
Old 10-14-2010, 02:43 PM
Aviak

Nothing beats running Kith at night... pitch black, running along the zone wall, heart pounding, praying you don't aggro something just out of your vision... seeing the zone out and thinking OMG I made it! then *a mob from hell begins to cast a spell* *BOOOM!* Loading please wait...
Old 10-14-2010, 03:10 PM
Orc

Siren's Grotto for me. Having to go through that zone always turned me into a baby.
Old 10-14-2010, 03:40 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourthmeal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I always just used to use that bug where if you camped out three times in the corner of one zone in you'd pop up on the other side.
So did I. But there were a few times where I didn't have time. I hated those times.
Old 10-14-2010, 06:13 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanlei [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In classic it was absolutly OOT, don't you guys remember how bad the UI was and the water...when you went under you couldn't see your hand infront of your face, and it was a flip of the coin if the Allizewsaur would attack the boat or not, not to mention the boat could just dump you at times if you lagged or the server lagged or what not. Awful place.
Nailed it...I spent hours searching for my lowbie body on EQLive [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-15-2010, 05:06 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Blackburrow when I was level 5 and was playing via crappy dial up. Absolutely fearful.
Closed Thread