Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 02:47 AM
Sarnak

sticking to classic zones, when I first started on live....the only zone I was terrified to zone in to and stay for long periods of times was runnyeye.

no other zone holds a candle to the sheer unknown as runnyeye does, not only can you turn a corner and accidently fall to the extreme bottom of the zone, but there is a giant eyeball with a FUCKING PET exploring the entire zone line, top to bottom, there are corners where you peek around and aggro 8 mobs....

it was always seen as a dangerous area for people low enough....and it was not recomended to explore until the higher tiers.

unrest is not scary, by the way....way to generic of a horror scene [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-27-2010, 02:54 AM
Fire Giant

Mistmoore, i still won't go into that zone willingly beyond GY / Canyon.

Mental block from being a cleric on EQ Live -- not being able to invis killed your desire to enter that castle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Most of the people with bad experiences with me hang out in R&F, shocking, looks like I'm doing something right.
Last edited by Bubbles; 09-27-2010 at 03:00 AM..
Old 09-27-2010, 02:57 AM
Sarnak

ah, mistmoore is a very viable option....not only does it have that intense fear of unknown, it also has poor pathing in the castle, creapy undead mobs, and a extremely high possibility of death

good pick bubbles!
Old 09-27-2010, 02:58 AM
Planar Protector

Kedge Keep. Low vision, crappyness of EQ's underwater-mechanics, occasional pathing lunacy, huge swarms of mobs ready to bounce you through the walls and floors.
Old 09-27-2010, 02:59 AM
Fire Giant

kith at night
Old 09-27-2010, 07:05 AM
Planar Protector

eye of the gorge...i remember back in 04/99 finding rivervale, misty thicket and runnyeye all for the first time, then making it to the eye and hearing about all these horror stories of getting lost in that maze and getting charmed by an eyeball...that zone always scared me, was always a hope and pray i make it thru this zone to get to the other side
Old 09-27-2010, 07:21 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

In classic it was absolutly OOT, don't you guys remember how bad the UI was and the water...when you went under you couldn't see your hand infront of your face, and it was a flip of the coin if the Allizewsaur would attack the boat or not, not to mention the boat could just dump you at times if you lagged or the server lagged or what not. Awful place.
And take over your face
With the front of my Hatredcopter
Old 09-27-2010, 07:33 AM
Sarnak

Default Two

Classic world... Mistmoore. I remember zoning in to a castle train and being charmed by the negotiator. Then, she marches me back to the castle. A group in graveyard was watching me path back in with them all... Deeper and deeper into zone... Into castle where everything was super red. I almost wet myself. Finally, we are in the room and the charm breaks and I was beaten to death...

Worst part was knowing I wasn't going to be saved. Took a raid two days later to get my corpse. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-27-2010, 07:34 AM
Sarnak

Oh...

Close second for me was Veeshan's Peak. No gating... No going out same way you came in... You kill a dragon and zone or you lose your corpse. Some folks had been losing planer gear. One guy lost all the gear from Sky. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-27-2010, 07:39 AM
Planar Protector

Pretty much any zone when I first started out. Wc was scary as hell with young kodiaks trying to kill me all over the place.

Then for some reason I got ported to butcherblock at level 6... No bind, no knowledge of where to go... I got scared and gated [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I enchant things...
Last edited by Omnimorph; 09-27-2010 at 07:49 AM..
Closed Thread