Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2014, 01:52 PM
Orc

I just started as well, and chose Iksar Shadow Knight -- I have a worse experience penalty, still don't have any spells (I'm level 8), and will have limited areas to bank in as well. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I figure once I'm in my 30s and Velious comes out, it's all a moot point. Thurgadin / Kael / Skyshrine are all good.
Old 06-05-2014, 12:14 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ando [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
http://wiki.project1999.com/Necroman...ksar:_Pre-Lich

Iksar regen is nothing to scoff at when you're 50+. Sure, when leveling it isn't the biggest deal, but if you're not in a rush to level I'd recommend going Iksar master-race.

Really adds to the RP-ness of not being able to fucking bank/sell anywhere because everyone hates you. You have to learn how to be self-sufficient.
This post made me lol. And also convinced me to definitely roll an iksar.
Old 06-05-2014, 12:30 PM
Fire Giant

If you play a necro, keep a few things in mind:

1) Circlet of Shadow is instant click invis starting at level 20. This will get you past probably 90% of the dangers of the outside world while leveling up.

2) You can Feign Death next to bankers and use them in pretty much any city. It is dicey in North Freeport where the bankers are pretty high levels themselves, but you can maneuver around the wall to click them from around the corner.

3) Faction can be repaired. Don't let that stop you.

4) Experience penalties are temporary. Having regeneration is forever. Go Iksar. There is absolutely no reason to rush to the end, or to be turned off by the journey taking longer. You're a necromancer, you can solo, experience will flow.

5)
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

6) Don't do what I did. Go Iksar. Don't put it off. You may not feel the reason why until you get Lich at 49, and even more with Demi Lich at 60... But trust me, as someone who rerolled a 60 Dark Elf Necromancer for a 60 Iksar... Just make the change now. Don't give in to sunk costs.

7) Shameless self-promotion for my necro guide!
Last edited by Uteunayr; 06-05-2014 at 12:40 PM..
Old 06-07-2014, 06:11 PM
Skeleton

I've really appreciated all the help, and you guys are making a very strong case for iksar. I think you have me convinced. I've added both sliren and vedre they never seem to be on.. )=
Last edited by Abizmla; 06-07-2014 at 06:15 PM..
Old 06-07-2014, 06:45 PM
Kobold

Gnomes are actually the superior race!
Closed Thread