Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2014, 12:18 AM
Skeleton

Default New

This is my first time playing since 2002 when I was 7. I played casually on my brother's (an accomplished raider) account, and am just getting back in now with my brother who doesn't have as much time to play now that he has a wife and kids. So while I keep a character (my monk) at his level I was wanting to also roll a solo character. I rolled a wiz and got it to 8 pretty quick but their solo power plus dependency on quad kiting later on makes them someone uninteresting for me. I played a bard to 7 and really liked the class but wanted to save playing a bard for when velious came out for a few reasons. So with that in mind I was hoping for some suggestions for a fairly new player with very limited budget on a class that could get me through content solo (partying when I get the chance) comfortably. If that class or the race needed to play that class is evil maybe add some tips on getting though the game as a KoS character. Thanks for your time.
Old 06-01-2014, 01:16 AM
Kobold

Necromancers are very strong solo. They are evil, however, so you will have to rely on your invisibility to get around. Merchants that deal with them are more sparse as well.

Druids can solo well through a few different methods depending on your tastes, location and risk-aversion. Using charmed animals, quad-kiting, root-and-dot, etc.

Clerics, shamans, magicians, enchanters would be other choices I've heard suggested tho I haven't played them myself.
Old 06-01-2014, 04:08 AM
Skeleton

Yeah, I'm leaning towards Necro right now. Druid seems fun, because I like the idea of dot kiting they also seem fairly versatile in small groups they seem like something I could play.
Old 06-01-2014, 01:28 PM
Fire Giant

iksar necro for the regen if you're willing to play an evil as your first char.

They are the best soloers, and any group with a brain will take a necro. Druids on the other hand are back of the pack when it comes to groups.
Old 06-01-2014, 01:41 PM
Skeleton

Well now that I've gotten over the idea that being evil will make the game impossible I'm rolling an necro. However it seems that the life regen would not make up for the fact that I'm losing 20% xp. So soloing seems less effective especially without quests like gnoll fangs and bandit sashes. But on the other hand while sitting they stay positive on health regen while sitting and death pacting which is very apealing to me.
Old 06-02-2014, 08:01 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankdan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Druids on the other hand are back of the pack when it comes to groups.
I think it is because most people do not bother to use Harmony. So easy to break camps with a Druid when you are outside.
Not trying to take anything away from a necro mind you.
Old 06-02-2014, 08:53 AM
Kobold

msg me on sliren or vedre ill help out if i can
Old 06-02-2014, 11:32 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think it is because most people do not bother to use Harmony.
Agreed. A lot of people seem unaware of it, and even when I bring it up a lot of pullers forget to make use of it.
Old 06-02-2014, 11:36 AM
Sarnak

http://wiki.project1999.com/Necroman...ksar:_Pre-Lich

Iksar regen is nothing to scoff at when you're 50+. Sure, when leveling it isn't the biggest deal, but if you're not in a rush to level I'd recommend going Iksar master-race.

Really adds to the RP-ness of not being able to fucking bank/sell anywhere because everyone hates you. You have to learn how to be self-sufficient.
Old 06-02-2014, 10:49 PM
Skeleton

Yeah, thanks for all the help guys. I rolled both for a day to see what gave me a better starting feel. Human seems like the way to go because being fairly new to a lot of stuff I can't really rely on my ability to be self sufficient. I also really enjoy both the gnoll fang xp and bandit xp. I realize these things won't matter much in the long term but I picked necro because I feel like they will level the fastest with my play style and limited funds.
Closed Thread