Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2014, 01:15 PM
Banned

nope im here saying this because it would increase the server population and give everybody a more even playing field
Old 06-07-2014, 01:16 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Massive pop boost of level 46 Rangers camping in every 3 minutes to see if mobs are up. People too busy having to sit on 2 day spawns to be able to go and do anything else. Increase in poop filled socks 150%.

I don't remember ever mentioning loot in Azrael Team speak. The only loot I ever got, was the loot I was present for, Tolan's Legs lol, Dragon hero bracer? SEOC?.... Hell even the loot I was present for you'd often hand off to someone else and roll right over me. 4 Gigantic Zwiehanders, 3 swords of rile, you even gave Brainz that 1hs sword in VP and he wasn't even playing Brainz and hadn't in like 2 weeks. Then of course you'd all bitch and moan when I'd draw aggro with my Primary Epic Wep to where I started fighting without a wep. I get the core thing but I just don't care. I remember you calling me out and I think my response was, eat a bag of shit. Same respond I'd give to Lite, Twerk, Wyclef. I'm aware you weren't prepared for some outsider to show up and tell you all your fucktards, it happened. Accept.

I'm not playing this game so and your pals can get better at it. Not when your allegiance and respect for my time put in is less then 0.

I am enjoying Free Agency.
so u were given loot and then eventually rage-quit over loot? U obviously weren't meant for Azrael to begin with. Look at this kid counting every piece of possible loot he coulda got
Old 06-07-2014, 01:17 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The thing that variance offers is: each mobs is on a variable timer, meaning each mob will spawn within a window that each guild will track. This helps the bigger, more established guilds.
The bigger, more established guild always has the advantage over the smaller, less established guilds. This is because strength in numbers is such a viable strategy, which is largely due to the uncapped nature of raids. The point is, this strength in numbers strategy is inherently far too powerful and having a non-variance system simply makes zerging even more effective.

Even with variance, there will still be incentive and reward to zerg and have zergy guilds. It will just make it so that it's not quite as lucrative/rewarding as it is when they can predict (and set) dragon timers down to the second. Not a very difficult concept to understand, but we've got a special community here on p99.

Also, you should contemplate (and try to realize) that there is less competition on red for raid loot than there is on blue. Think about that for a moment.
Old 06-07-2014, 01:17 PM
Sarnak

I don't see any crown of riles listed...
Old 06-07-2014, 01:20 PM
Banned

hivemind a wise chap, i was just mostly ignoring goobles because im pretty sure he app'd to nihilum and just wants easy quick scheduled dragons with no pvp.
Old 06-07-2014, 01:26 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wrong, progression had 24 hour variance. It led to 0-24 hours of sitting on a single spawn point waiting for repop. Mobs were spread out so that every day had a different spawn. It was incredibly boring and favored a class of neckbeard that this server has never seen.
This seems like sound logic. Progression was PVP flagged right? I think we can all agree the Player VS Player aspect adds to the dynamic of any guilds ability to track from zone in and space timers...

- Oppressor
Old 06-07-2014, 01:29 PM
Sarnak

Just remember Azrael had the chance to be the top guild using numbers. Red Dawn / Azrael Merger would have been formidable and easily over taken Nihilum in the numbers game. They fucked it up. /damagecontrol on
Old 06-07-2014, 01:35 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Sektor

Quote:
Just remember Azrael had the chance to be the top guild using numbers. Red Dawn / Azrael Merger would have been formidable and easily over taken Nihilum in the numbers game. They fucked it up. /damagecontrol on
Def would of been nice having Cyren vanco HB on our side. to many as members wanted knowing to do with HB which was annoying when you need neck beard like players to compete
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffpuppy View Post
Saint Sektor cleansing the server of sick humans. This guy deserves VIP / Contributor status.
Old 06-07-2014, 01:36 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Sektor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sektor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Def would of been nice having Cyren vanco HB on our side. to many as members wanted knowing to do with HB which was annoying when you need neck beard like players to compete
I hate my phone arg.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffpuppy View Post
Saint Sektor cleansing the server of sick humans. This guy deserves VIP / Contributor status.
Old 06-07-2014, 01:44 PM
Sarnak

Would have created a total different Dynamic now. But Checkraise is an over educated shit bag. Kind of like a well refined Gyno / Slathar / Tune. Sure he doesn't pump inflammatory BS in to the Forums, or to OOC, or go on 435-2 newb griefing rampage, but he ruins the server in his own way.

I do not believe pvp would have worked with the variance on progression servers and certainly would not have benefitted the server. The server was at best loaded with 300 people willing to play EQ 24 hours straight while sitting on a commode. But because of population and no need for massive zerging. Most raids were done with 40-50 people total and that's on a server with 2k population and unlimited boxing. An environment with 3 top tier guilds, 3 middle tier and 3 lower tier guilds existed and if pvp had been present, it would have forced a guild to inflate its numbers to win battles. So you'd have had guilds rolling 200 strong to fend off whoever else couldn't work together. Similar to now, but with different ratios and #'s.
Closed Thread