UNIRACERS!

Some of the best music in console history

Exhibit A: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmzNFTShPWM

Exhibit B: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70HKS5w9mCA
Old 09-14-2010, 07:38 AM
Aviak

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"If someone points a gun at you, you call the police. If a bunch of guys are pointing guns at you, you call SWAT. If they're in spandex and pointing a super laser at you, you call OSI. And if they're dressed regular and pointing a super laser at your daughter, that's when you call SPHINX. (SPHINX!)"
Formerly of Morell Thule and Test Server
Old 09-14-2010, 02:23 PM
Aviak

Great article on Uniracer, and how Pixar crushed my hopes and dreams of it ever being re-released or redone: http://retro.nintendolife.com/news/2...ng_of_unirally
Old 09-14-2010, 02:27 PM
Kobold

I for one thought that Luclin's port system was the right balance. The word was getting very large with Kunark, Velious, and the moon, and the spires gave the right amount of transportation assist.
In other words, the luclin port system had the same feel as classic EQ given how much larger the world was.

I enjoyed the bazaar as well, as buying/selling is a commodity to me, not an interaction.

I completely agree with the poster that said that GoD sounded like a random content generator. I couldn't bring myself to care about a Tacvi Yxxta or whatever.

The key process for VT was incredibly painful, but I very much enjoyed the dungeon. Maybe because I was a necro, and the entire raid depended on me making a successful selos DA run to bypass most of the content. It was probably the only time in my raiding career that a necro was the focus of the raid, so I enjoyed that. I can see how it was boring for everyone else though.

I found the emperor SSRA fight to be one of the most fulfilling and challenging raids every. I really enjoyed the luclin raid zones.

Anywas I'm very happy with this server stopping at velious. I would continue to play through luclin, but Velious is great too.
Old 09-14-2010, 02:46 PM
Sarnak

yea, luclins port system wasn't nearly as game breaking as everyone likes to make it out to be, 1 port from nexus to each of the continents, and one port from each of the continents to the moon, and you had to wait up to 15 min for it to take you there.

I dunno about yall but I would rather just pay 20 PP and have a wizzy or a druid port me much closer to where I want to be, and instantly to boot, but if none were around, there was an alternative, which was nice.
Old 09-16-2010, 03:33 AM
Kobold

I liked up until LoY personally. Not saying LoY was as good as Velious or Kunark, I just liked frogs lol. Pop Raiding was ok, not as fun as ToV or SSRA, but still fun, and the books never bothered me. This game is easy to kill ALOT of time on, which can be frustrating to friends and family. I get Wizards and Druids were pissy cuz they liked to port for donations, but hell just go Quad and make money off of wyverns or something.

Bazaar was another time saver, and great to me. I hate being in the tunnel auctioning the same thing over and over. Again just my opinion.

Still Velious was my favorite Expansion. ToV is awesome.
Old 09-18-2010, 04:23 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezmerga [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I liked up until LoY personally. Not saying LoY was as good as Velious or Kunark, I just liked frogs lol. Pop Raiding was ok, not as fun as ToV or SSRA, but still fun, and the books never bothered me. This game is easy to kill ALOT of time on, which can be frustrating to friends and family. I get Wizards and Druids were pissy cuz they liked to port for donations, but hell just go Quad and make money off of wyverns or something.

Bazaar was another time saver, and great to me. I hate being in the tunnel auctioning the same thing over and over. Again just my opinion.

Still Velious was my favorite Expansion. ToV is awesome.
I liked Dulak<sp> Harbor. Good loot and had a merchant in the zone for those with sneak.
Closed Thread