Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2010, 09:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't listen to lazortag he is a troll
are you stupid? This is so obviously a bad idea. Just adding an extra mob to the game for people to farm 5K at a time from is so hilariously not classic. If it's a "GM event" it has to last for only a short amount of time, which is not what this poster is proposing. This is all done under the pretext that people need an "incentive" to go PvP, which is an assumption 99% of the server disagrees with.

Also, a mob can't just drop 5K - it has to drop items worth 5K so you have to actually put effort into converting your rare item into money. It has to drop something that could possibly depreciate/appreciate in value later on.

Also, did I mention it's not classic?
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 09-04-2010, 10:11 AM
Sarnak

I'm all for classic but seriously a few minor alterations won't "kill" the experience. The reward doesn't have to be 5k - nor 2k - but it should be enough to encourage people to travel to the arena and do PvP battle with others to obtain it. It doesn't have to spawn every 2 hours either, it could spawn every 24 hours.

Not to hijack this post but I also think a translocater in EC to a PvP ground would be awesome as well. It'd be sort of like the WoW battlegrounds and be there just for good ol'fun.
Old 09-04-2010, 10:42 AM
Aviak

Why does plat even have to be a consideration? Why would a reward of any kind be justified in this situation?

In classic, there were just battle days.. Folks showed up, drank, ate, chatted, killed, laughed.. Had fun together, even if you didnt pvp, you could enjoy the community building experience.

Organizers *usually a guild and not a gm* would set up matches, team matches, etc. Maybe clear out guild bank for rewards, maybe not.

You dont need a gm to hold events. Ive been to tons of guild organized events over the years, ranging from drunken halfling races, scavenger hunts that required trivia knowledge, to a lvl 1 raid on flippy darkpaw.

Having fun, does not always mean lining pockets.
Old 09-04-2010, 01:29 PM
Fire Giant

this is, hands-down, one of the stupidest ideas i've ever read on this forum.

even more surprising is that there are so many fucking retards that don't realize why this is such a terrible idea.
Old 09-04-2010, 02:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

even more surprising is that there are so many fucking retards that don't realize why this is such a terrible idea.

Be Civil
Old 09-04-2010, 02:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

<3

Tiggles, stop trolling.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
Old 09-04-2010, 02:10 PM
Banned

Not liking one this is fine but singling out and being cruel to people who dont agree to you is just childish.

I know no children play this game so it just make you cringe when you realize that the guy who is flamming you is some 25+ year old man.

What is it that you don't like? Is it the concept or the reward? or is it that just because you wouldent use it you wouldent want anyone else too?
Last edited by Tiggles; 09-04-2010 at 02:11 PM.. Reason: Cant type on my phone, jesus
Old 09-04-2010, 02:18 PM
Fire Giant

I love people who claim this is the dumbest idea ever but offer no reasons why. Then when they get called on it their answer is "if you don't know why you're dumb".

Quote:
You dont need a gm to hold events. Ive been to tons of guild organized events over the years, ranging from drunken halfling races, scavenger hunts that required trivia knowledge, to a lvl 1 raid on flippy darkpaw.
There is a huge difference between competition for a mob in a PvP area and having your guild show up to do some dueling. Once again if you don't understand PvP you should leave the discussion alone because it is NOT what you and your friends do in arena during guild events.

Do you know what the GM ran on this server for a PvP event? Create a level 1 and get summoned to the arena. Then 5 seconds before he tells us to fight he says you have to stay on the platform in the middle or you're disqualified. I had made a Wizard planning to kite, etc and he totally fucked that up by requiring 50+ people to stand on a tiny ass platform. Someone put a shitload of twink gear on a level 1 and just beat the shit out of everyone else who came to play fair and the GM let him stay. Eventually I said fuck it and just left the platform along with a lot of other people and actually had some GOOD fights involving jousting, strafe running, etc even though we were disqualified for not standing on the tiny zerg platform and getting beat up by the Monk with 1khp.

"Organized" PvP events are basically no longer PvP even in the case of the Battle of the Best, etc because they are really just duels. There needs to be an incentive and ulterior motive to the PvP to recreate the situations all of us previous PvP server players want. The incentive is buffs or whatever and the ulterior motive is killing the mob. Enjoyable PvP is fighting each other WHILE also having to grind exp, kill a raid mob, etc because it creates the element of chaos and allows skill to come through more than in static "get full health/mana/buffs/items" and wait for the GO signal.

One more time for clarity this mob could simply buff the winners with better buffs than you can currently get or just broadcast the winners. More notably Lazortag and jeffd seem to be incapable of reading this particular part.
Last edited by azxten; 09-04-2010 at 02:25 PM..
Old 09-04-2010, 02:21 PM
Planar Protector

And you're incapable of reading the post where I explained exactly what was wrong with this idea. Also, it's sufficient to say "it's not classic". In classic you didn't have GM events that lasted forever. I don't blame people for not explaining why this is a dumb idea - it really is just self-evidently dumb.

edit: also, this would ruin the arena - what if someone wants to use the arena and finds random level 51+ mobs there? That's kind of unfair, as the arena was never like that either in classic or now.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
Old 09-04-2010, 02:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And you're incapable of reading the post where I explained exactly what was wrong with this idea. Also, it's sufficient to say "it's not classic". In classic you didn't have GM events that lasted forever. I don't blame people for not explaining why this is a dumb idea - it really is just self-evidently dumb.

edit: also, this would ruin the arena - what if someone wants to use the arena and finds random level 51+ mobs there? That's kind of unfair, as the arena was never like that either in classic or now.
It's obvious lazortroll is just looking to stir up trouble he lives in RnF anyways. Don't feed him.
Closed Thread