Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 09:18 PM
Fire Giant

Default PvP Arena Mobs

How about adding mob spawns to the Arena zone on a long respawn that drop decent loot? Like every 24 hours (1 hour variance?) a level 51 mob (so it summons) that's reasonably hard to beat (1 group) spawns and just drops platinum like 5k or something. Then every 24 hours another mob at level 25 spawns that drops 500pp.

This would add incentive to go to the already flagged PvP area without impacting the server as the possible amounts of platinum dropping would be well below what could easily be made in a few hours on other mobs.

I know this isn't classic but classic had GM events, temporarily altered spawn tables, etc. The GMs/server admin here could simply call this a GM event and leave it at that.
Old 09-03-2010, 09:36 PM
Planar Protector

This is the stupidest idea I've ever heard.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 09-03-2010, 10:35 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is the stupidest idea I've ever heard.
Why?
Old 09-03-2010, 10:37 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via ICQ to Qaedain Send a message via AIM to Qaedain Send a message via MSN to Qaedain

A timed mob that offers platinum for an extended period of time is not a GM event, it's a non-classic piņata.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:37 PM
Banned

Don't listen to lazortag he is a troll
Old 09-03-2010, 10:40 PM
Fire Giant

It's also only a minor amount of platinum that split between multiple people is equal to what you could get in 1-2 hours of farming anyway and it's in a zone that basically no one goes in.. except to fight other people.

How about if the group that gets the kill gets some sweet buffs like KEI for 2 hours, haste, etc? Nothing too overpowered but just some slight improvements that could be worth hitting up before you go out to grind. This could also be moved to a more frequest spawn too.

Alright, revised.. every 2 hours the mob spawns and the group to kill it gets some awesome buffs but nothing overpowered. Hell even the level 25 mob could give KEI and this would really be worth hitting up while also not being overpowered at all.

Revision #2.. you kill the mob and it does a server wide broadcast saying you (whoever was in group that got exp) managed to own the mob in the arena and that's all you get, make it a 6 or 12 hour spawn so it's not annoyingly frequent.
Last edited by azxten; 09-03-2010 at 10:45 PM..
Old 09-04-2010, 12:07 AM
Sarnak

I like this idea. The server is classic but I think some alterations would be good to make the game at least a little different this time around.

Nobody goes to Arena anyways....a little incentive will allow the zone to see some traffic.
Old 09-04-2010, 12:09 AM
Fire Giant

I like the idea, that way there would be some fun times at arenas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-04-2010, 05:29 AM
Orc

I too think it's a good idea, the mob would have to be given alot more hitpoints than normal to encourage teams to fight each other over it.
Old 09-04-2010, 09:18 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaedain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A timed mob that offers platinum for an extended period of time is not a GM event, it's a non-classic piņata.
lol
Closed Thread