Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 06:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by drplump [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If someone shows up to a camp and the mob and ph are MAGICALLY dead or in the case of the Ishva all the mobs on the way are clear and all rooms empty around they know its camped. They are purposely playing dumb
agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripcord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Imagine eq court on daytime tv? i'd watch that.
Oh dear lord that would be hilarious!!!
(To us...)
Old 01-11-2010, 06:49 PM
Sarnak

The original spirit of the camp notion is respecting a spawn that a person or group is specifically sitting at waiting for it to spawn and got there before you.

If you are sitting in Drelzna's room and not leaving only killing the 3 spawns that is a camp.

If you are clearing Najena, Drelz, and Rathyl rooms and someone gets into the drelzna room and sits down you should be sol. You weren't camping at all you were farming.

Camping should be respected. Farming deserves none.

If I roll up to something I need and the PH is down I will begin my camp. If they come back I will usually let them keep it assuming it is understood that they are going to sit there and camp it.

I think it's cool that manastone is in the game but it should probably be changed to No Drop.
Old 01-11-2010, 06:58 PM
Sarnak

Why would you make the guy sit there for the full 18 or 21 or 28 or whatever minutes between each and every spawn? That just seems vindictive. When I am camping a named spawn I am camping everything else in range too - I have one spawn in particular I'm after and I'll give up any of the others, but why make me sit at one spawn for the whole time?
Old 01-11-2010, 07:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by messiah_b [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If I roll up to something I need and the PH is down I will begin my camp. If they come back I will usually let them keep it assuming it is understood that they are going to sit there and camp it.
well i disagree, so now EE is on rotation
Old 01-11-2010, 07:33 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaaaflow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why would you make the guy sit there for the full 18 or 21 or 28 or whatever minutes between each and every spawn? That just seems vindictive. When I am camping a named spawn I am camping everything else in range too - I have one spawn in particular I'm after and I'll give up any of the others, but why make me sit at one spawn for the whole time?
Read post #2 and you shall have your answers.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:43 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am so important at the internet look at me as I make big internet important decisions.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaaaflow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've gotta ask for some clarification, cause I didn't think this was the way it worked. Lets say I'm camping lord and AM in guk, which are right beside each other and have <20 mobs between them. <20 mobs on a 28 minute spawn timer, so there's little chance of falling behind. I can put in the work of breaking the spawns up, and then someone else can just come along and take whichever camp I'm not at at that given time?
If you are camping lord and AM, someone is allowed to sneak into one of the rooms while you are gone and claim the camp. The rules have always sided with these jackasses. So yes, if some asshole jumps in and claims one while you are in the other, even if the room is empty, you can't do shit about it.

All the "you gave up the camp when you left" posts are irrelevant. I know, by the rules of the server, that I gave the camp up. I also know, by the rules of the server, that you can't claim AM and lord together with a full group of 6, that you can't claim more than 1 room at a time. I don't give a shit about the rules of the server. I'm not saying Mr. Munchkin can't-solo-a-urd-shaman-without-his-pet broke the rules. I'm saying he's an asshole for appealing to a technicality.

Anyone who plays this game in the upper levels knows that if you don't respect camps, you are simply an asshole and good luck finding a high end guild. Yea there is a point when enough is enough when 2 people are farming lord/am/frenzy/sage/ass/sup and its time to make them choose, but checking on a respawn while your PH is dead is certainly not one of them.

P.S. I got a couple hate tells from Europa after the incident, Munchkin's guild. I wonder, if they knew about his application to another guild while still being tagged with them, would they be so blindly supportive? That's just bad form man.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:40 PM
Kobold

o shi-
Old 01-11-2010, 09:36 PM
Large Rat

O shi- indeed!

And yet you are still arguing EVERYTHING people are saying. You left the camp, you fore fitted your right to have that camp, munchkin came and got it. All this below the belt, calling him names, posting his guild app to inglorious bastards while he's in another guild etc. is immature and childish and all it's showing is that you are even more of a child then what your trying to say munchkin is. Grow the fuck up and enjoy the game. All this time you are taking to post childish remarks to something that is done and over with because you don't like that no one is taking your side, you could be.. Oh I don't know.. Camping your mob again?
Last edited by doery; 01-11-2010 at 09:39 PM..
Old 01-11-2010, 09:42 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabamf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you are camping lord and AM, someone is allowed to sneak into one of the rooms while you are gone and claim the camp. The rules have always sided with these jackasses. So yes, if some asshole jumps in and claims one while you are in the other, even if the room is empty, you can't do shit about it.

All the "you gave up the camp when you left" posts are irrelevant. I know, by the rules of the server, that I gave the camp up. I also know, by the rules of the server, that you can't claim AM and lord together with a full group of 6, that you can't claim more than 1 room at a time. I don't give a shit about the rules of the server. I'm not saying Mr. Munchkin can't-solo-a-urd-shaman-without-his-pet broke the rules. I'm saying he's an asshole for appealing to a technicality.
You just said it yourself. But yet you were unwilling to leave and felt the need to train me then FD just to kill me the moment the Evil Eye spawned.

The second bold faced piece seems to be the real problem doesn't it?
It shows just what kind of person you really are.

The other part is no one elses business really. Your just picking at straws to attempt make people agree with your actions. Which so far doesn't appear to be happening.

Your the one that came crying on the forums about this not me. Just keep digging that grave a little deeper.