Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2013, 03:49 AM
Planar Protector

Should just be FTE wins for every mob in every zone with stalling, kiting, and training resulting in suspensions of a month.
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 12-07-2013, 03:53 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasslehofp99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Should just be FTE wins for every mob in every zone with stalling, kiting, and training resulting in suspensions of a month.
Should just be whoever gets XP. No GM rulings required. I'm sure the staff is on board.
Originally -
Reiguy of Fennin Ro
Tyvix Rex of Sullon Zek.
Old 12-07-2013, 03:57 AM
Planar Protector

Nah because that just encourages killstealing which was always against the rules in everquest.
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 12-07-2013, 04:16 AM
Fire Giant

FTE on every mob would be absolutely retarded. Shamans and enchanters who live in NY would just run around norrath taking literally everything because they have 40 ping.
Originally -
Reiguy of Fennin Ro
Tyvix Rex of Sullon Zek.
Old 12-07-2013, 04:18 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Now you've pissed me off and are full of shit, and I have no sympathy that you lost the camp.

I showed up and asked your two groups to reach an amicable decision for both of you. I specifically stated that if you couldn't reach an agreement, nobody would like the call I made. The IB group offered you either FTE or /ran to decide the camp multiple times, and your group (I'm going to assume you are grundlegore, whether or not that's true, he was speaking for your group) essentially told them to politely fuckoff.

[Fri Dec 06 18:15:06 2013] Grundlegore says, 'I mean IB is fine just watching us kill tranix Im cool with that'

This is the last thing your group said after I asked if you guys were unable to reach your own decision, as in, you were ready for me to mediate your dispute. If you were "happy to approach the situation this way" you would have accepted IB's offer of going with FTE.

I'd also like to cut you off before you go putting more words in my mouth like you were trying to do earlier and state that this is NOT how all camps are to be decided. This is how THIS camp in THIS situation was handled because I had nothing to prove that either of you were there and holding the camp prior to me arriving to mediate. You were both telling me a different story, so I let it go to random chance.

Stop crying about how the "big bad dum gm deru" fucked you over and try to work shit out on your own like a respectable human being next time, thanks.
So group that has no legitimate claim to the camp gets A: chance to win it through roll, or B: chance to win it through FTE, while group with legitimate claim is screwed either way. Its not so much the call you made but the total lack of consistency not even week to week or month to month but literally hour to hour as you just explained this rule earlier in the day in a now locked thread. You say you have no proof either way yet if you really want I can go dig up my logs where you say in game you can see that our group was killing FGs and they IB were not. What more proof is needed? Seriously. Put yourself in the players shoes for a minute, what are we supposed to think? It seems like every situation is just going to be a crap shoot.

So are you setting precedence that if this same group of IB want to try and bully their way into a camp in the future they can just show up and cause a stink, petition, and roll for the camp to usurp it from people playing by rules that you have previously set? What?

I didn't ask you to mediate anything. And you both acknowledged that you have the information needed to make a ruling based on the rule that you made and then chose to ignore it and make up something completely different. Are you seriously going to sit here and lie that you didnt have logs of TMO killing FGs prior to the pop and that you didn't say that in game? Seriously?
Old 12-07-2013, 04:23 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reguiy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
FTE on every mob would be absolutely retarded. Shamans and enchanters who live in NY would just run around norrath taking literally everything because they have 40 ping.
I'm a shaman who lives in NY with 40 ping. FTE pls.
Old 12-07-2013, 04:30 AM
Fire Giant

[Fri Dec 06 20:14:46 2013] Derubael says, 'So for the record, the only people i have killing any fire giants in this room in the last few hours are the tmo group, not a single IB/FE on the encounter logs in this room'

k thx.
Old 12-07-2013, 04:44 AM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

Remember that PM I sent you after I deleted your threads putting words in my mouth?

You had 1 throne room FG on the encounter log. That FG spawned and died less than a minute prior to receiving the IB petition regarding the camp. This proves exactly nothing, except that both of you were there.

Furthermore, you even admit to have left the room, and that it was indeed empty of players before IB arriving. If anything, you shouldn't have any rights to the camp at all because you weren't there. The only reason I didn't straight up boot you out is on the off chance you guys HAD been there sitting in the room before IB got there, and decided to step out for a few moments before IB arrived.

I have no idea who was in that room first, and I have no idea how long they were there before someone else arrived. That's why I encouraged you all to find your own solution.

Not every situation will be handled with a roll or FTE. I could just opt to boot you both out, or make you both stay and share the loot IF I can't determine who was at the camp first and holding it. Sometimes we can, sometimes we can't. You had the opportunity to solve this on your own by reaching an agreement between your two groups and didn't.

and btw,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elements
Are you seriously going to sit here and lie that you didnt have logs of TMO killing FGs prior to the pop and that you didn't say that in game? Seriously?
Please point me to where I said there were no TMO kills on the encounter log in the throne room.

Yes, as stated above, there was one FG that was killed in the throne room. This is consistent with the statement I made in game. "Killing any fire giants" could imply one or many.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael's log
the only people i have killing any fire giants in this room in the last few hours are the tmo group, not a single IB/FE on the encounter logs in this room'
Call me a liar again. I dare you.
Last edited by Derubael; 12-07-2013 at 05:08 AM..
Old 12-07-2013, 04:48 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Now you've pissed me off and are full of shit, and I have no sympathy that you lost the camp.

I showed up and asked your two groups to reach an amicable decision for both of you. I specifically stated that if you couldn't reach an agreement, nobody would like the call I made. The IB group offered you either FTE or /ran to decide the camp multiple times, and your group (I'm going to assume you are grundlegore, whether or not that's true, he was speaking for your group) essentially told them to politely fuckoff.

[Fri Dec 06 18:15:06 2013] Grundlegore says, 'I mean IB is fine just watching us kill tranix Im cool with that'

This is the last thing your group said after I asked if you guys were unable to reach your own decision, as in, you were ready for me to mediate your dispute. If you were "happy to approach the situation this way" you would have accepted IB's offer of going with FTE.

I'd also like to cut you off before you go putting more words in my mouth like you were trying to do earlier and state that this is NOT how all camps are to be decided. This is how THIS camp in THIS situation was handled because I had nothing to prove that either of you were there and holding the camp prior to me arriving to mediate. You were both telling me a different story, so I let it go to random chance.

Stop crying about how the "big bad dum gm deru" fucked you over and try to work shit out on your own like a respectable human being next time, thanks.
Old 12-07-2013, 05:01 AM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael
You had 1 throne room FG on the encounter log. That FG spawned and died less than a minute prior to receiving the IB petition regarding the camp. This proves exactly nothing, except that both of you were there.
Reading comprehension is important.

I am done with this discussion, and you. Drop this issue and move on.
Closed Thread