Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2013, 02:05 AM
Fire Giant

Default Tranix Camp defined

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Spitty - ty, your post was well thought out and informative.

SAKURAGI (cause you'll never be splorf or loraen to me) - i understand where you are coming from, and i think the current rules as they are laid out in the "camps, defined" thread are so unbelievably easy to abuse that i kind of hate the fact that they are there at all. That's why, as Nirgon stated, we're allowed to make our own calls at our own discretion based on the situation. I cannot tell you how many times i've had people try to bullshit lawyer me into making a silly decision based on that thread.

In case you guys didn't notice, I'm trying to get input on how situations like crypt should be handled moving forward, and what the best way to clearly define that is to the community. In the end, we still have the final call when we're petitioned to come into a dispute, but I wanted input from you guys on how to make those situations more clear so you DONT have to call ina GM.

Also, and you can quote me on this because we were just talking about it, in order to camp King Tranix you have to keep the fire giants cleared. You can't just FD a monk on top of tranix till he pops and call it 'camped'.

Going to take a few more opinions from you guys on this and then lock the thread.

Again - if you were to create a rule on the seb crypt, how would you word it, where would it apply (IE, just the crypt, or other camps as well?) and when?

thx guys

Was this a well played troll? or srs?
Old 12-07-2013, 02:19 AM
Planar Protector

I'm assuming that he's just referring to the fire giants in the room that Tranix is in. Otherwise that wouldn't make any sense.
Old 12-07-2013, 02:22 AM
Kobold

Bad clarification of a camp, just like his crypt clarification that started the whole thing.

If I'm a shaman camping Trannix, I don't understand why I can't just sit in his room and wait for him to pop and then kill him, just like every other mob in the game. Why would I have to waste my time going around clearing other trash mobs I don't care about? And to go further, how many fire giants have to be cleared? Which fire giants have to be cleared?

I don't know about this Derubael guy. His logic behind stuff seems dubious at best.
Old 12-07-2013, 02:38 AM
Fire Giant

Seems pretty retarded, I agree. Thats setting it up as if the entire encounter from the first 2 fire giants at the entrance until the last fire giants near naggy lair are all one big event.

Does this mean we just walk in, /ooc " fire giants camped" and expect to just have the entire area or what?
Old 12-07-2013, 02:44 AM
Planar Protector

What post is everyone talking about... I don't see it in the forums.
Old 12-07-2013, 02:44 AM
Planar Protector

and by post I mean thread about the crypt camp defined.
Old 12-07-2013, 02:49 AM
Planar Protector

Since I started here tranix has gone from being an FTE mob, to whoever killed the first fire giant has the entire area as their camp, to a literal camp you can claim, back to FTE mob, back to killing 1st giant gives u the camp, back to it being a camp you can claim...honestly this is the dumbest shit ever.

Just make every mob in every zone FTE and be done with it. If a mob is up and unengaged, it was free game on live 100% of the time. Why do we have to make things extra hard on ourselves with all this petty rule changing every other week.
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 12-07-2013, 02:58 AM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

the fire giants in the throne room. and you still have to be in the room.

why would you need to clear fire giants not in that room?
Old 12-07-2013, 03:04 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the fire giants in the throne room. and you still have to be in the room.

why would you need to clear fire giants not in that room?
Because it seems really silly to specify that you have to kill any fire giants to lay claim to Trannix if you're not referring to the ones outside the room.
Old 12-07-2013, 03:05 AM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiker000 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because it seems really silly to specify that you have to kill any fire giants to lay claim to Trannix if you're not referring to the ones outside the room.
apparently not, because someone fd'd on tranix's spawn and left the giants up the other night and thought he had a claim to the camp.
Closed Thread