PDA

View Full Version : Awakened 30 day

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Heebs13
03-03-2018, 12:06 PM
Well in the end CSG shot themselves in the foot by ending the ring war rotation.

Revisionism at its finest.

Mythanor
03-03-2018, 01:00 PM
What about mounts? Or did they abandon that in favor of the out of combat meditation?

Agnarr... turn off new models, never see a horse :P

Skew
03-03-2018, 01:36 PM
Revisionism at its finest.

Double naw.

Ravager
03-03-2018, 02:04 PM
If you would just let CSG play when, where, and however they want there wouldn't be a problem. Is that so hard?
Because rotations let people play whenever they want?

fastboy21
03-03-2018, 02:57 PM
Because rotations let people play whenever they want?

What you're describing is actually fun. It is available on several live TLP servers, including one launching in 2 weeks (Coirnav). It isn't classic EQ. In classic EQ 10% of the server actually gets their "joy" trying to win EQ.

Puluin
03-03-2018, 03:27 PM
I am completely baffled about these opinions of rotations.
Did anyone play on the Karana server 1999-2004 ?
We had the Karana Council of Guilds.
Every guild could sign up for an opportunity on a scheduled time so no one had to leap out of bed at 4am or pull a 72hrs poop sock. It 100% worked. It was enforced by the players on the server who blacklisted violators. Blacklist being those violators would be ignored by 95% of the server. No groups, no ports, no sales, no raids, no help, no communicating to them.
The only result of the above was a guild that formed with ONLY these blacklisted people which in turn caused them to near daily loose people to permanent bans. (They violated PNP at every turn).

This system worked just fine until Pop when it really wasn't needed anymore due to the larger amount of content.
It never stopped working, just faded out, and then died with instances.

Heebs13
03-03-2018, 03:34 PM
Every guild could sign up for an opportunity on a scheduled time so no one had to leap out of bed at 4am or pull a 72hrs poop sock. It 100% worked. It was enforced by the players on the server who blacklisted violators. Blacklist being those violators would be ignored by 95% of the server. No groups, no ports, no sales, no raids, no help, no communicating to them.
The only result of the above was a guild that formed with ONLY these blacklisted people which in turn caused them to near daily loose people to permanent bans. (They violated PNP at every turn).

This system worked just fine until Pop when it really wasn't needed anymore due to the larger amount of content.

Actually yeah I played on Karana during that time. I was named Heebs there too, did we know each other?

Heebs13
03-03-2018, 03:36 PM

But more to your point yes Karana was wonderful. I was in one of the top guilds on the server and there was never any raiding at 3am or staring at walls BS. We would come home from work/school at like 6pm est, pick a spot to raid and by 6:30 we were there. By the time I was raiding it was PoP but I never heard of the kind of crazy stuff that goes on with P99 until I came to P99.

4WOFURY
03-03-2018, 04:23 PM
But that wouldn’t work here, because we have 9 years of people leveling up to share 2 years of content...

We have hundreds and hundreds of raid capable characters vying for a couple dozen targets.

4WOFURY
03-03-2018, 04:24 PM
Karana had 2 years of people leveled up for two years of content, spread across a couple dozen different servers.

Zal22
03-03-2018, 04:28 PM

That council was really only for Vox / Nag + planes / gods. Trak also? Nothing in Velious and onwards. I remember still pretty much racing for everything.

Also, too many French....

4WOFURY
03-03-2018, 04:46 PM
agreed, best to wipe it before moving to a rotation

That would work, as would having the people that want to be casual and have uninterruptible, uncontested targets to take at their own leisurely moved to yellow99 that has instanced zones. Like, have their characters moved - no one gets deleted, no one has to start over...

4WOFURY
03-03-2018, 04:56 PM
That council was really only for Vox / Nag + planes / gods. Trak also? Nothing in Velious and onwards. I remember still pretty much racing for everything.

Oh, so everyone just conceded everything all the time

4WOFURY
03-03-2018, 05:02 PM
too complicated. just wipe it.

You’re right.

Hope they also wipe the forums and forget the RNF section.

But in all seriousness, we have two very different play styles feeling entitled to the same content. Needs two servers...

Skew
03-03-2018, 05:14 PM
But more to your point yes Karana was wonderful. I was in one of the top guilds on the server and there was never any raiding at 3am or staring at walls BS. We would come home from work/school at like 6pm est, pick a spot to raid and by 6:30 we were there. By the time I was raiding it was PoP but I never heard of the kind of crazy stuff that goes on with P99 until I came to P99.

LOL. I was in one of the top guilds on the server

There are no top guilds on servers like that ,numpty.

Im sure it was wonderful. But we dont all want to wait every 6 weeks to kill a welfare Dozekar. Feel free to re-roll Agnarr.
If the GMs here decide we are following in Agnarrs footpath then ripP99

skarlorn
03-03-2018, 05:18 PM
how many people are logged in on this fine saturday doing seb camps because they can't raid?

please post here so i may add you to the list for Trump

Detoxx
03-03-2018, 05:31 PM
i like the casual playstyle better than the hardcore playstale

no truce with the shadow.

Ironically, 90% of the people in hardcore guilds are more casual than the casual guilds!

skarlorn
03-03-2018, 05:34 PM
Prove it.

arsenalpow
03-03-2018, 05:34 PM
pretty casual to get up at 4am on a weekday for dragons for a few hours

Skew
03-03-2018, 05:42 PM
Prove it.

I spend less time in game than you do on these forums.

zodium
03-03-2018, 06:09 PM

:eek:

Foxplay
03-03-2018, 06:17 PM
agreed, best to wipe it before moving to a rotation

You also have content on a time locked server that is time gated (the whole point of time gating an MMO is to stretch out content or set a constant value for the rate at which devs expect players to progress)

Both or which are pointless on a time gated server .However this isn't normal server focused on balancing the experience of the players to the content production of the devs, this is a museum based on recreating the classic eq as best as possible

However there is some unclassic changes made to appease the neck beards and quell some player whining that GM's wish to avoid intervention as much as possible. Such as FtE messages and spawn variance, the later of the two which needs to be removed entirely.

There is only 2 outcomes by removing the unclassic variance.

1) raids standing on top of spawns spam clicking instants to gamble for FTE

2) guilds get fed up with spam clicks and agree to kill all raid targets within a certain few days spawn window so that raiding isn't 7days a week windows and screen sharing unclassic garbage and more classic (all raid targets respawn on the big guilds raid night)

Rygar
03-03-2018, 06:23 PM
Variance is classic. See the bug forums for evidence. Matter of fact variance should be longer and apply to any mob with a spawn time over 2hrs (though it should scale bard on their spawn time).

Removing variance would just please the neckbeards.

Heebs13
03-03-2018, 06:40 PM
LOL. I was in one of the top guilds on the server

There are no top guilds on servers like that ,numpty.

Im sure it was wonderful. But we dont all want to wait every 6 weeks to kill a welfare Dozekar. Feel free to re-roll Agnarr.
If the GMs here decide we are following in Agnarrs footpath then ripP99

First guild to kill Quarm on the server, so call it what you want I guess. My point was even the raiding guilds on the server never put in the kind of hours / poopsocking sessions you do now. But I guess that's how you get your jollies so whatever, have fun out-neckbearding everyone

skarlorn
03-03-2018, 06:58 PM

How much do u get paid while playing EQ?

Skew
03-03-2018, 07:05 PM
How much do u get paid while playing EQ?

More than you do for shit posting.

AzzarTheGod
03-03-2018, 07:10 PM
and my penis is big. what of it?

bars from plat city

skarlorn
03-03-2018, 07:24 PM
More than you do for shit posting.

Doubtful. Post your weekly playtime as well as dollars earned during the same window.

SOrry you are addicted to a children's game

(not sorrY)

AzzarTheGod
03-03-2018, 07:27 PM
jesus christ im sorry boss high elf paladin not plat city!! this planetary alignment has me thrown off buckin like lorenz in lovejaws im far from a factor im more like a velociraptor

Skew
03-03-2018, 07:46 PM
Doubtful. Post your weekly playtime as well as dollars earned during the same window.

SOrry you are addicted to a children's game

(not sorrY)

youre working on a weekend you scrub. whilst being addicted to shit posting on a forum to a childrens game.
i only log in to raid and i only managed two of the last repop (that AM dominated, Again)
you must have racked up 30 hours this week on the forum alone.
sad :(

Lulz~Sect
03-03-2018, 08:00 PM
youre working on a weekend you scrub. whilst being addicted to shit posting on a forum to a childrens game.
i only log in to raid and i only managed two of the last repop (that AM dominated, Again)
you must have racked up 30 hours this week on the forum alone.
sad :(

nice meltdown

k9quaint
03-03-2018, 08:07 PM
Judging by the potential of this thread, the 45 day ban thread should be worth reading.

Ravager
03-03-2018, 08:43 PM
But that wouldn’t work here, because we have 9 years of people leveling up to share 2 years of content...

We have hundreds and hundreds of raid capable characters vying for a couple dozen targets.
The problem is almost everyone here is a pathetic tryhard trying to relive their glory EQ days or a pathetic nottryhard trying to experience what they couldn't the first time around and none of them leave after a year of nostalgia and they all stew in each other's pixel cum.

4WOFURY
03-03-2018, 09:47 PM
I'm literally doing a NToV crawl right now! No other guilds contesting, we took like 30 minutes to kill Aaryonar, etc. It's great!

#TryAgnarrCasuals

Knowmercy
03-03-2018, 10:01 PM

https://i.imgur.com/wh2GTSv.gif

Knowmercy
03-03-2018, 10:03 PM
Hope they also wipe the forums and forget the RNF section.

https://i.imgur.com/M2acT00.gif

diamondfist
03-03-2018, 11:46 PM
was the juice worth the squeeze? Inquiring minds want to know.

https://youtu.be/NUEQ7BmGh9k

They can jail Awakened all they want. Wont stop our members love for the raids, our friendship, and bonds that have formed. The love is to strong.

Pretty sure as I type this we, got a Dota game going, a few testing EQ elsewhere, a few on PoE, and and I see a few in Overwatch with others of the same tag.

We will be back in 30 days. Its all good player, this pinch is nothing for a big dog with his head held high.

semenko
03-03-2018, 11:49 PM
This is a special level of mental retardation.

Yea an entire guild letting a dragon run right thru/by them to the entrance is a special level indeed

danzig
03-04-2018, 12:07 AM
they all stew in each other's pixel cum

Let’s keep this stew going, only 33 more pages to triple digits

Someone drop some more manifestos

diamondfist
03-04-2018, 01:14 AM
Yea an entire guild letting a dragon run right thru/by them to the entrance is a special level indeed

It really makes my night, when I can sit here and laugh at some of the shit in this and other threads.

When it comes to useless, meaningless posts.

Reaching for some rustling.
Degrading and humiliating others, when its not asked for.
Zero to slight knowledge of the subject they get on their soap box address through their eyes.
Insecure enough to make a new forum tag to express their thoughts and feelings, in fear of not being taken seriously or how it may affect their normal face to the community. (Guess what? Your main forum tag... you're already hiding behind a avatar and name!)

Lack of knowledge, understanding, compassion, and general intelligence of not only the game.
Those in general. Who lack understanding how society, and a micro community like this works. and all the different hierarchy and inter connected things that encompass it or can be prevalent.

Some people really need to get out of their house. Get some fresh air, try a new food. Have a conversation with a stranger. Maybe some pet therapy. Smoke weed, or whatever it takes to get ya'll to learn to start living your own life and realize the good that can comes from it, There is happiness out there for everyone. No matter what shape, size, color, nerdiness, or freaky level you my be. You just need to find it. For a select few, your interactions here is your happiness. For the ones who are seeking more, and this is just something that helps fill the void. Good luck finding a real fix spending time and energy here. Thats a needle in a haystack.

I feel bad for those of you who think your comments are solely meant to hurt some and razzle others. Because you are weaker and in a worse state then those who actually do get hurt and angry by those comments. You're the furthest from ascending to enlightenment and true happiness.

4WOFURY
03-04-2018, 01:42 AM
glad you're enjoying agnarr

stay there

stay mad

Not mad, just disappointed in the lack of intelligence that is so prominent in this community (the RNF community).

Also, just ran through ToV - Open world ToV is fully popped, and there's also instancing. Come get some!

getsome
03-04-2018, 01:57 AM
Nothing here explains why you didnt come to us when you know the GMs love suspending A/A and typically we offer whatever is needed to not have petitions put in when we fuck up. This is a large slap in the face to my entire community and we have you and CSG to thank. Cannot believe I have wasted time trying to deal with you guys in the past, total sucker for thinking it would create an open line of communication for the future for when stuff like this arises. Not a single message was sent to me that this was something CSG was seeking, total joke of a justice system where the guilty parties do not even know they are being thrown in jail until they wake up behind bars.

Last time I was in tells with the above quoted scumbag my guild was trained at the entrance to tov by this scumbags guild and he acted oblivious to the matter which in turn caused our vulak lock to expire. You are a liar and you reap what you sow. I hope you get a 60 day rather than disbanded on your next one.

The only slap in the face to this community has been the poor leadership of your guild and the constant lies and denials of the offenses you have been committing for quite some time.

Puluin
03-04-2018, 02:45 AM

I am going to have to call bullshit. Plane of growth / ring war / velk sorc / sontalak was all on rotation. The rest of the "raid areas" did not need to be on rotation due to the amount of mobs and the fact most people were not a holes to eachother.

With that said, the few guilds that did vp / sleeper rotated amongst each other. If another guild wanted an attempt, it was not an issue for anyone to wait and see if they succeed. If they wiped after two attempts, it would default to waiting guild.

ToV has way too many targets for a single guild unless they are greedy Lil shits.

*gets off soapbox*

Lulz~Sect
03-04-2018, 01:19 PM
(Sorry you didn’t get raid)

Argh
03-04-2018, 02:31 PM
What is it about getting suspended that turns a guilds' members into thriving life coaches?

Nexii
03-04-2018, 04:05 PM
Last time I was in tells with the above quoted scumbag my guild was trained at the entrance to tov by this scumbags guild and he acted oblivious to the matter which in turn caused our vulak lock to expire. You are a liar and you reap what you sow. I hope you get a 60 day rather than disbanded on your next one.

The only slap in the face to this community has been the poor leadership of your guild and the constant lies and denials of the offenses you have been committing for quite some time.

Yea I almost felt sorry for AWK but thanks for the reminder. They got zero for that offense, and Rustle lost the Vulak. Honestly I don't think even 60 days would change their leadership's approach. Only when the warmbodies desert in mass and they don't have the numbers to compete

When are you going to come back and show us how to play again

Legday
03-04-2018, 04:39 PM

When fighting in the cubby the puller has to run into the cubby by taking a left turn at the bottom of the stairs and then another left turn for a total of 180 degrees...the dragon will follow the puller all the way in and the tank can only use their clicky to grab the dragon once it is in line of sight after taking the second turn itself.

If the puller were oblivious to the cubby being the spot (read up on the thread, he had just logged in and was), it would be very easy for the dragon to get to the bottom of the stairs and take 2 steps into the zone in room where nobody realized it wasn't coming into the cubby. The first main tank, being the only person that should be tagging it off of the puller, would have absolutely no chance to get it before it was in the zone in room and killing the puller and then setting of a new FTE on the other raid.

So when you think about all of those questions you originally asked, do they still seem like good questions from a player that has any idea what's going on?

CSG players coming her in droves to assume this was malicious and make dumb accusations are what keep you on A/A's shit list.

branamil
03-04-2018, 04:46 PM
CSG is like a homeless person putting their shopping cart full of cans in someone's driveway then acting enraged when someone pulls in and knocks a can over. Even though he can just pick up his can and move on he hates society so much because he's a failure that he calls the police and sues the person for damaging his precious soup can

Loke
03-04-2018, 04:51 PM
CSG is like a homeless person putting their shopping cart full of cans in someone's driveway then acting enraged when someone pulls in and knocks a can over. Even though he can just pick up his can and move on he hates society so much because he's a failure that he calls the police and sues the person for damaging his precious soup can

https://i.imgur.com/BIQBLtb.png

Nexii
03-04-2018, 05:04 PM
CSG getting trained wasn't the fault of one person. It takes a pull team to bring a dragon into zone in clean.

Would it really have killed AWK to wait until Eashan was dead to pull Feshlak? Yea it's dumb to think that they were trying to wipe CSG on purpose. It was a reckless calculated risky play. One that showed no regard for other players.

Bboboo
03-04-2018, 05:27 PM
https://i.imgur.com/IHPmoVb.jpg

semenko
03-04-2018, 07:32 PM
When fighting in the cubby the puller has to run into the cubby by taking a left turn at the bottom of the stairs and then another left turn for a total of 180 degrees...the dragon will follow the puller all the way in and the tank can only use their clicky to grab the dragon once it is in line of sight after taking the second turn itself.

If the puller were oblivious to the cubby being the spot (read up on the thread, he had just logged in and was), it would be very easy for the dragon to get to the bottom of the stairs and take 2 steps into the zone in room where nobody realized it wasn't coming into the cubby. The first main tank, being the only person that should be tagging it off of the puller, would have absolutely no chance to get it before it was in the zone in room and killing the puller and then setting of a new FTE on the other raid.

So when you think about all of those questions you originally asked, do they still seem like good questions from a player that has any idea what's going on?

CSG players coming her in droves to assume this was malicious and make dumb accusations are what keep you on A/A's shit list.

who said i was csg? I'm just restarting out on this server and used to crawl ToV in worse gear and in smaller forces back on live back in the day like a man. Like it was intended but that's another topic.

That just further proves my points. Why not wait another 10 or even 30 secs to pull the uncontested mob when they knew that they're pulling "2 steps away" from training another dragon kill in progress? The guy logging in is a moot point, the decision for the pull team to start was too early. The decision to pull "2 steps away" from possibly training another raid was also bad (could easily be pushed out the door towards cubbies, someone accidentally open the door with AoE hitting parts of other raid and wipe both raids could have all happened too besides the pull). That lacks skills; and for them to attack other's skills in an attempt to deflect their own ignorance and greed is laughable.

Baler
03-04-2018, 07:50 PM
What is it about getting suspended that turns a guilds' members into thriving life coaches?

It's a part of The five stages. :)

Legday
03-04-2018, 07:52 PM
someone accidentally open the door with AoE hitting parts of other raid

Oh...Nvm.

Kesselring
03-04-2018, 08:30 PM

That's why they call it the cubby 360. Because it makes you turn 360 degrees and train CSG.

Llodd
03-04-2018, 08:49 PM
Tussek nearly saved you, shame you didnt heal him enough. But we all know the real problem here

Detoxx
03-05-2018, 02:40 AM
I think what everyone here is missing and has been overlooked is that Feshlak gates. Im not 100% sure what their plan was pulling it to the cubby but pushing a mob in that area is near impossible!

Atmas
03-05-2018, 09:17 AM
Actually he's been killed there a number of times.

David Johnson
03-09-2018, 05:42 AM
What does neckbeard refer to?

Spyder73
03-09-2018, 10:31 AM
What does neckbeard refer to?

People who become so addicted to EQ that they stop grooming themselves, typically also obese.

Perseus
03-09-2018, 11:45 AM
I think what everyone here is missing and has been overlooked is that Feshlak gates. Im not 100% sure what their plan was pulling it to the cubby but pushing a mob in that area is near impossible!

No one asked for your opinion, psycho.

Wooptie
03-11-2018, 06:26 AM
yes they don't care they want to cater to the crybabies, i had a guy wayy back cry over an accident in the level 20's and they banned me

getsome
04-09-2018, 10:58 AM
[QUOTE=getsome;2668710 you reap what you sow. I hope you get a 60 day rather than disbanded on your next one.

The only slap in the face to this community has been the poor leadership of your guild and the constant lies and denials of the offenses you have been committing for quite some time.[/QUOTE]

I will settle for the 40 day. Thanks for proving my statement once again. After dealing with every guild leadership team on this server, I can without a doubt say Breaken was the most obtuse and his leadership team below him or next to him were just as bad. I hope the players still tagged take this time to guild remove themselves and prove they will not be associated with such garbage. Those who stay are rubber stamping the continuous poor leadership of this guild and deserve the next suspension which will follow.

kotton05
04-09-2018, 11:48 AM
I will settle for the 40 day. Thanks for proving my statement once again. After dealing with every guild leadership team on this server, I can without a doubt say Breaken was the most obtuse and his leadership team below him or next to him were just as bad. I hope the players still tagged take this time to guild remove themselves and prove they will not be associated with such garbage. Those who stay are rubber stamping the continuous poor leadership of this guild and deserve the next suspension which will follow.

awakened will always be class-r scum to me.