Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 02-22-2013, 03:32 PM
Sarnak

Default Alt + Tab / Windowed Mode

Yes, i have read other posts about this, but no i have not been able to figure it out. I have read it is a problem with the resolution setting? For example, 1800x 1200 vs 800 x 600.

Anyways. I play in full screen mode (obv).
Whenever i alt tab, to wiki or whatever, and come back, it switches to window mode. I refuse to play in mini windows mode, but OK, thats fine. I alt+enter to make it full screen again.
Goes full screen (technically)
However, if i click the outter parts of my screen, it boots to desktop. EQ is still running, just minimized.
You can tell where u can/cannot click because the mouse arrow changes from EQ fancy brown color (where you can click and play normally), to regular white desktop scrolll mouse arrow (where if you click, it will think your clicking ur desktop and send u there).
It's like it thinks its in windows mode after i go back to full screen.

So to fix this, everytime i alt+tab, i have to log out, open c-drive, program files, sony, EQ, EQclient and changed windowed mode from TRUE to FALSE.

HOW DO I GET ALT+TAB TO WORK CORRECTLY SO IT WILL STAY IN FULL SCREEN MODE?

I appreciate any feedback, or links to specific directions. Yes i'm an old computer illiterate man. Yes, this issue has probably been resolved on the forums. Yes i have tried to fix it with those directions. Yes, it is a bitch to find anything on these forums. Yes, i want to enjoy my EQing to it's fullest potential.

Thanks
Old 02-22-2013, 03:50 PM
Planar Protector

From my eqclient.ini

Quote:
[VideoMode]
Width=1650
Height=1080
WidthWindowed=1440
HeightWindowed=900
WindowedWidth=1440
WindowedHeight=900

FullscreenBitsPerPixel=32
FullscreenRefreshRate=0
What's your screen resolution? Replace my resolution with yours and see if that gets you to near enough full screen? It's not a full fix but it will at least have a screen size that matches your monitor.

I know having "FullscreenRefreshRate=0" means you'll get a black screen if you try to alt+enter, I don't know the correct number for that though to make it work fully :/

Your eqclient.ini file isn't set to read-only or something, is it?
Old 02-22-2013, 03:55 PM
VIP / Contributor

Ultimately, you can not alt -tab out of full screen mode from my experience. Full-screen mode will force you to run windowed if you want to alt tab. As swish stated, you can change windowed mode to run nearly full screen. The only thing you may have to deal with is the title bar showing up on the top and the Windows toolbar on the bottom if you dont have it set to cascade.

You would literally have to reset it to full screen every time you tabbed out.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:55 PM
Planar Protector

ya same here, why on earth would u run fullscreen anyway, just buy a bigger monitor then boxed mode is same as fullscreen, duh ;a
Old 02-26-2013, 06:24 AM
Banned

I was once like you OP, believing that games should only be played with a full screen. Just force yourself to play windowed for one week, you won't go back. Also get a 23'' or bigger monitor, it helps a lot.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:18 AM
Sarnak

Ok, that will work. I am just happy to know that i couldnt fix it if i wanted to haha. Thanks for the help guys.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:22 AM
Sarnak

and i will be buying a 23" viewsonic soon. any recommendations on that?
Old 02-27-2013, 10:11 PM
Kobold

How to make windowed mode look like fullscreen for win7:
Method-1
1)Set the windowed mode to your maximum resolution
2)Right click the Titlebar and press M key(don't move your mouse now)
3)Hold Ctrl and use arrow keys to move the window to the proper location
4)Hit Windows key + D or Windows key + down arrow to minimize EQ(saves window location)
5)Alt tab back

Method-2
1)Open eqclient.ini in your EQ folder
2)Locate WindowedModeYOffset and set it to negative values(-18 is probably good)
3)Save and launch EQ

Method-3 This one is more complicated but is closest to fullscreen
1)save your 7 theme now to revert back later http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/w...create-a-theme

2)Reduce the size of the Titlebar for all windows
2.1)type "metrics" into the start search bar select Change colors and metrics
2.2)select Active Title Bar and change size to 5
2.3)select Small Fonts and change size to 2
2.4)select Active Window Border and change size to 1
2.5)select Border Padding and change size to 0
2.6)Apply/OK to save changes

3)Save your new EQ theme via step 1 so you can switch in and out of it later

4)Activate your EQ theme and perform Method-1 or -2 to adjust your window

Hope this helps!

EDIT:
Here is an AHK script I made that can make adjustments to window size/pos/elements. Run it, select which window to manipulate.
http://pastebin.com/bVSrstwM
note - removing the window border and stretching the window throws off the mouse coords in EQ a little.
Last edited by abazaba; 02-28-2013 at 09:36 AM..
Old 03-01-2013, 03:18 PM
Sarnak

very helpful replies aba & swish. really appreciate it. i can finally wiki in peace
Old 03-01-2013, 04:38 PM
Large Bat

In case anyone is interested, I've found a....well lets just say less taxing way to deal with this issue. (Yeah I know, I can go windowed but I'm old school and I like fullscreen.) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If you reload your UI "/load duxaui velious" (I have a hotkey set for this) - or whatever UI you use - after Alt-Tabbing out and then Alt-Entering back in, the click through problems are gone and everything works fine. At least on my wife's box and and mine. Others will have to test to see if it's just a fluke on my end though. You still get the white arrow instead of the gold but beggars can't be choosers.

Hope this help for those of us that can't adapt. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Xannatos65; 03-01-2013 at 04:53 PM..