Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 02:23 PM
Kobold

Default Bat Wings?

I am almost 100% positive the vendor in EC always sold bat wings/fish scales, etc in classic. Or was there another reason this was removed? Inquiring minds are just curious[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-12-2010, 02:28 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oogmog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am almost 100% positive the vendor in EC always sold bat wings/fish scales, etc in classic. Or was there another reason this was removed? Inquiring minds are just curious[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nah batwings werent sold in classic...anywhere. You always had to hope noobs kept stacks of em while lvling and charged insane amounts of $$ for em like bone chips.
Old 06-12-2010, 02:32 PM
Kobold

Well I'll go back to my rant about wolf form faction being fixed! I at least stocked up on wings a few days ago for the spectre grind to 50 so I'm not too hurt over it[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-12-2010, 02:33 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oogmog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just read the patch message and thought the same thing. I'm not almost 100%.....I AM 100% sure you could always buy batwings from the EC spell gems merchant.

The second thought I had was, WTF can't they fix what they have already nerfed that was never in classic live before nerfing new things that were never in classic live? Specificly, detrimental spell worn off messages. Getting really sick of having to either eyeball a mob running at me or wait for it to bash my head into a wall when breaking root when I never had to in '99.

Who gives a shit about bat wings anyway? Priorities?
Last edited by Weekapaug; 06-12-2010 at 02:45 PM..
Old 06-12-2010, 02:35 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phallax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nah batwings werent sold in classic...anywhere. You always had to hope noobs kept stacks of em while lvling and charged insane amounts of $$ for em like bone chips.
Yes, they were. The same chick in EC that sells the fish scales sold them and if a log could show such a thing, I could probably dig one up to show you.
Last edited by Weekapaug; 06-12-2010 at 02:45 PM..
Old 06-12-2010, 02:46 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekapaug [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The second thought I had was, WTF can't they fix what they have already nerfed that was never in classic live before nerfing new things that were never in classic live? Specificly, detrimental spell worn off messages. Getting really sick of having to either eyeball a mob running at me or wait for it to bash my head into a wall when breaking root when I never had to in '99.

Wow. Why don't you not tell other people how to do their free jobs.

I removed the fucking bat wings, and it has nothing to do with dot messages.

Just like anything else, if you find evidence it should be otherwise, post it.
Old 06-12-2010, 02:50 PM
Planar Protector

Here's evidence as far back as 1/24/2000 (see last post at the bottom):

http://www.eqclerics.org/forums/arch...hp/t-6181.html

Considering EQ was released in March 99, it depends on what you consider "classic" and how far along in the timeline we are.

JBoots nerf happened on Oct 13, 1999 so we know we're at least to that point:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/hist...ches-1999.html

Plane of Sky released Jan 2000, so we're not quite there yet:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/history/patches.html

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 06-12-2010, 03:05 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekapaug [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just read the patch message and thought the same thing. I'm not almost 100%.....I AM 100% sure you could always buy batwings from the EC spell gems merchant.

Best words of knowledge I've gotten. It doesn't matter what you KNOW, it's what you can prove.

Seriously, every time I see a fucking thread like this OH MYGOD THEY HAD 14 PEOPLE ITS OUR MOB LOL OURS OURS OURS YESSS I just want to fucking deathtouch the entire guild and despawn the mob.
Old 06-12-2010, 03:16 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Meh
Last edited by Dalmi; 06-30-2010 at 06:44 PM..
Old 06-12-2010, 03:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow. Why don't you not tell other people how to do their free jobs.

I removed the fucking bat wings, and it has nothing to do with dot messages.

Just like anything else, if you find evidence it should be otherwise, post it.
Fair enough, but some of this stuff just makes me /boggle, is all.

What evidence can I dig up to support this? All I have is my own recollection.

I had a guildie who was obsessed with keeping a bag full of batwings on him at all times for kiting. The servers were coming down constantly back then, resetting the merchants, and the vendor in EC was his source for them in light of that. I know this because one day after a patch he wanted me to do something with him when I was busy killing bats in a newbie zone. So he showed me that vendor in EC and I got to hear about how convenient it was to the portals blah blah. This dude really LOVED being a druid and we'd always hear all about it. This was on my wiz that I had created several weeks to a month earlier in October '99.

Beyond that I'm not really sure what evidence I can offer. It's been 11 years....I never planned ahead for the eventuality that I would be on an EMU a decade later and would need to actually support a claim that batwings could be vendor bought in EC. And even if I had, I'm not sure what would support that, even a log. All I can tell you is, you just could.

And, yeah, we got root and snare worn off messages then too. Don't know about dots....I didn't play a dot caster then. Could probably dig up a log for that, but I don't think I started logging 'till sometime in Kunark....not entirely sure. Would have to find the backups I burned to CD, but here again, I can specificly remember looking at the book to med and waiting for root worn off messages.
Closed Thread