Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 06-11-2010, 01:54 PM
Kobold

Default Exp range for mobs.

I thought I had noticed this the first time I levelled a character in EC, but when I levelled my Shaman there I decided to check for sure:

At level 8 all of 'a young puma' are green, non-aggro and non-exp giving. At level 9 many (most) of them are light blue, aggro and exp giving. Also at level 8, many 'a black bear' (maybe half) were green, non-aggro and non-exp giving, while the other half were dark blue. At level 9 they all seem to have turned light blue.

In short, some mobs that do not give exp to a level 8 do give exp to a level 9.

Also, this may be a client side issue, but light blue mobs are not classic. There were just blue and after a certain level, a couple levels of exp giving greens. I do note that there are still exp giving greens in the game.
Old 06-11-2010, 02:46 PM
Planar Protector

I have never noticed this issue - maybe it's new since the last patch?
Old 06-11-2010, 05:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenephex [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, this may be a client side issue, but light blue mobs are not classic. There were just blue and after a certain level, a couple levels of exp giving greens. I do note that there are still exp giving greens in the game.
The "con color" is client side. The server is already passing the level of the mob to the client, the client is merely measuring the variance and assigning the "con color" appropriately. It would be inefficient n00btastic netcode for the server to send both the mob's level and the mob's "con color" to the client, as the latter is directly related to the former.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 06-11-2010, 06:55 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The "con color" is client side. The server is already passing the level of the mob to the client, the client is merely measuring the variance and assigning the "con color" appropriately. It would be inefficient n00btastic netcode for the server to send both the mob's level and the mob's "con color" to the client, as the latter is directly related to the former.
Wrong.

The way it works is, you don't begin to see light blue con mobs until level 9. Any green con mob before then is simply that, green, which yields no exp. Now, when you hit 9, you start to see light blue mobs, and those once green mobs, are now light blue and will finally yield you exp.

Seriously, every time I see a fucking thread like this OH MYGOD THEY HAD 14 PEOPLE ITS OUR MOB LOL OURS OURS OURS YESSS I just want to fucking deathtouch the entire guild and despawn the mob.
Old 06-12-2010, 12:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorgetrapper [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wrong.

The way it works is, you don't begin to see light blue con mobs until level 9. Any green con mob before then is simply that, green, which yields no exp. Now, when you hit 9, you start to see light blue mobs, and those once green mobs, are now light blue and will finally yield you exp.
How is what you said related to anything that I said about client-server communication?

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 06-12-2010, 02:51 AM
Kobold

I have got exp from greens both on live and project1999. Uguk as an example of where this is possible.
Old 06-12-2010, 02:00 PM
Banned

yeah in upper guk you can tell if something will give you exp if they agro you.

And to stay on topic, I have noticed the same thing in Ecommons at the level u described. Stuff going from green back to light blue, once you level to 9

even if its explainable how this actually happens it still seemed kind of weird to me when it happened the first time [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

BTW i think this isn't solely an issue in those zones, just those are the places you "usually" are at on these levels
Last edited by apio; 06-12-2010 at 02:02 PM.. Reason: BTW ;)
Old 06-12-2010, 04:37 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorgetrapper [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wrong.

Did you even read what he wrote?
Old 06-12-2010, 05:18 PM
Fire Giant

If you notice on the green cons that agro you and give experience - they give a slightly different text in their con message.

Also - I believe these type of green cons are only available at certain levels, no idea which though.

Mugatoo <Center For Ants>
45 Iksar Monk

"You can all go to hell, I'm going to Texas."
Old 06-12-2010, 06:00 PM
Kobold

I understand about experience giving green cons. I understand that it is only after a certain level that you start to see experience giving green cons. I understand that one way to tell for many kos mobs is whether or not they aggro when they are green. This is not about that (although it is peripherally involved).

This is about mobs NOT giving any experience to a level 8, but giving experience to a level 9, which I hope everyone would see the problem with.

In fact, now that I think about it, since you apparently do add one level of exp giving greens at level 9 AND at least one level of non-exp giving greens turns light blue at that level, it really appears that you suddenly get TWO whole lower levels of mobs that did not give exp at 8, but do give exp at 9.