Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 06:34 AM
Sarnak

Default What are warriors holding aggro with pre-yak procs?

I know I am grouping with a few warriors, on my ranger, with my woodsman's staff and pulling off them.

Thinking of making a warrior and was just curious if a lammy+fist of zek or something (don't want a buy a wurmslayer, with the upcoming nerf) with an FBSS and a good amount of str would be enough to hold it off those twinkie lower levels?
Old 01-03-2013, 07:22 AM
Planar Protector

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=80086

I'd be tempted to use a staff of battle at least from 20-yak procs, though. Even though it's slow and it's a 2h and it doesn't proc.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 01-03-2013 at 07:24 AM..
Old 01-03-2013, 08:28 AM
Planar Protector

when i was lvling culp a long time ago, some war was using deadwood staves, worked fine holding aggro agaisnt a rog.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:52 AM
Planar Protector

btw why isnt this under the tanks sections.. lol
Old 01-03-2013, 03:51 PM
Sarnak

Thanks. Oh.. you're right.. Tank section :P I'm stuck in the melee forums mindset [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-03-2013, 03:59 PM
Planar Protector

As a warrior you will not be holding aggro consistently vs a twink rogue - evade just doesn't always work. The way it works in theory is that both of you will have roughly the same hate/dps from melee and your procs will compensate aggro-wise if not dps for their backstabs.

Your problem is that all the weapons that proc at low levels have horrible ratios, so you basically have to pick one or the other. I am firmly in the high ratio camp, because if you are holding aggro 50% of the time either way you might as well at least be doing a lot of damage. If you have the cash I'd go SCD+Wurmslayer, if you want to be cheap Lamentation or Jade Mace+Fist of Zek. Honestly I'd keep those all the way up to 46 when you can get a Sarnak Warhammer in the mainhand.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 01-03-2013, 04:14 PM
Planar Protector

For low levels, I'm also in the DPS > proc camp. Get some cheap high-DPS weapons until you can get some yaks or a sarnak warhammer and something else.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:05 PM
Sarnak

SCD+fist is probably what I would do. Unless I got a wurmslayer for free :P they're going to be a bitch to sell once they are nerfed.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:32 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As a warrior you will not be holding aggro consistently vs a twink rogue - evade just doesn't always work. The way it works in theory is that both of you will have roughly the same hate/dps from melee and your procs will compensate aggro-wise if not dps for their backstabs.

Your problem is that all the weapons that proc at low levels have horrible ratios, so you basically have to pick one or the other. I am firmly in the high ratio camp, because if you are holding aggro 50% of the time either way you might as well at least be doing a lot of damage. If you have the cash I'd go SCD+Wurmslayer, if you want to be cheap Lamentation or Jade Mace+Fist of Zek. Honestly I'd keep those all the way up to 46 when you can get a Sarnak Warhammer in the mainhand.
Totally agree with this. Toss in a CoF and your good to go.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:19 PM
Banned

Don't bother with sarnak war hammer highly overrated and not that great. 5 or 6 sec stun gives time for the other DPs to build aggro again. Yaks give that snap instant that you want.
Closed Thread