Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2012, 12:56 PM
Large Rat

Default Returning to Project 1999

Hey all,

I'm hoping to return to project 1999 today.

I want to start a necro or mage to level about 1-2 hours a day for the next couple of months.

The goal is to eventually be able to hit the raids (in the 50s) and just have fun grouping/soloing content.

I was wondering where good spots for leveling these classes would be 15-40? I haven't played old EQ (my favorite) in years so I was hoping someone could help regarding best places for leveling.

Thanks,
Wes
Old 10-10-2012, 12:20 PM
Aviak

Welcome back and I have no idea!
Old 10-12-2012, 03:49 AM
Fire Giant

Depends on what your style is. If you want to solo a lot necro is your character. Go whereever you can fear kite, wide open spaces help.

As a mage you will be wanted in groups as a DPS class. Necros rely heavily on DoTs for their DPS, but DoTs are too slow in a group, so they are less desired there. Obviously a mage can solo nicely too, but necro is much safer and easier there. As a mage you should just go to where all the groups are. Crushbone, EC, Oasis, Unrest, Mistmore... just do a /who all your level range and see where others around your level are.
Last edited by Pyrion; 10-12-2012 at 04:10 AM..
Closed Thread