Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 12:16 AM
Aviak

Default What's with all the druids?

Seriously, they were about the most unpopular class on live at any given time... So, why is it that it seems like there are TONS of them here? Do people just finally realize how good they can be? Or is it that they're a reasonable easy solo class? Cuz I know for a fact that to play a grouping druid the right way, it isn't at all easy. Switching carelessly between nuking and healing IS easy, and sometimes thats all it is. But a really good druid can fall into whatever niche their group needs at any moment's notice. A really good druid is a really REALLY hard class to play.

So what gives? O-o Should I just expect to see a lot of clueless druids running around as I level up? I don't mean this as a stab at anyone, truthfully the only other druids in game I've met seemed intelligent so far. I guess I'm just worried is all. I so loved playing a druid on live, I just feel afraid I'll get lost in the sea of them here, and I'de be comforted to know the reason they're so popular is that people are playing them well and not that they're sitting in a corner soloing all the time. In other words, I'll have a lot more fun trying to be as good as a high standard than I will trying to prove I'm the only one who isn't a total retard (aka classic live).
Old 05-29-2010, 12:28 AM
Fire Giant

Druids can port for money and power level alts.
Old 05-29-2010, 12:30 AM
Kobold

At least half the druid population on this server is clueless on how to properly play a druid.

They're just a simple class to level in classic, with ports, sow, power leveling and solo capability. It's a really good first lvl 50 to have, to help make money.
Old 05-29-2010, 12:31 AM
Fire Giant

Druids are like the Cadillac of classes in classic EQ. We can solo very well, group, farm stuff, power level, track, and of course travel around norrath very easily. We do a bit of everything and have lots of utility.

I think its why alot have chosen to play a druid. Also the flexbility a druid provides when exping may be more suitable for people's schedules these days. (They desired for groups as back up healers and also easy to solo with.)
Old 05-29-2010, 12:55 AM
Kobold

Can you guys start taking shifts in EC? Like set-up a schedule at your next tree council or w/e and have a druid there at all times. That'd be great. Thanks.

- p99
Old 05-29-2010, 04:24 AM
Sarnak

I made my druid because I wanted to be able to port and buff people. The money is nice sometimes, but really, I just like to help people out whenever possible. Nothing beats going to a noob zone and passing out SOWs and damage shields, or porting people around for corpse runs.
Old 05-29-2010, 04:41 AM
Aviak

I see, kinda what I was dreading to hear... Well, hopefully the rest of us edumacated druids can help the rest of the druidic community lrn2drood.
Old 05-29-2010, 04:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by soup [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I made my druid because I wanted to be able to port and buff people. The money is nice sometimes, but really, I just like to help people out whenever possible. Nothing beats going to a noob zone and passing out SOWs and damage shields, or porting people around for corpse runs.
Until they start expecting all the rest of us to drop what we're doing and play the game for them as well. :P
Old 05-29-2010, 05:41 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikustrength [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seriously, they were about the most unpopular class on live at any given time... So, why is it that it seems like there are TONS of them here?
Hope I quoted right, i'm not a message board pro,

When I played EQ classic I remember there actually was way too many druids for the reasons people mentioned. I think they were nerfed, or I should say, out paced by the other classes during Kunark, and that reduced them later.

But pre-kunark druids were everywhere.
Old 05-29-2010, 01:46 PM
Sarnak

Solo = xp = farm = $$$ = don't have to depend on others = win
Closed Thread