Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 12:49 PM
Orc

Default Life of a necro...

Hey guys. I have a question about being a necromancer in EQ. I really liked what i read about them on p1999 wiki, that is - their independence and self-sufficientness (and especially their ability to summon their corpse). But, i also read that pretty much everybody hates them.
Does that mean that literally everybody except my starting town will kos me, or ill be able to enter "evil" towns or... ?
I'm relatively new to EQ so i don't know much about how rep and factions work in practice. I tried EQ on this server some time ago, but i rage quitted after i died at lvl 10 and lost my corpse with some good gear that some nice people gave me.
Old 07-31-2012, 01:08 PM
Planar Protector

How badly affected you are by faction depends a lot on your starting race and on what you opt to fight.

You can make a Human or Erudite necromancer and have access to almost as many cities as a good-aligned player with minimal faction work. On the other end of the spectrum, Iksars indeed are hated virtually everywhere. Pick the right race, avoid killing the sorts of things that would make you KOS in places you don't want to be KOS (ie, don't level up off guards if you want to use their associated cities), and you should be fine.

Danth
Old 07-31-2012, 01:46 PM
Sarnak

As an iksar necro, everybody hates me. Who cares? I hate them even more.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/ab9521a00...4dqyo1_250.gif
Old 07-31-2012, 02:29 PM
Orc

Still can't decide between Erudite or Dark Elf. Erudites are more tolerated, yet that night vision really can really come in handy...
Old 07-31-2012, 02:31 PM
Planar Protector

erudites suck at seeing in the dark, luckily necros have tons of gear later on they can use to offset the vision as well as some spells.
Old 07-31-2012, 02:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verterdegete [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Still can't decide between Erudite or Dark Elf. Erudites are more tolerated, yet that night vision really can really come in handy...
You get the spell deadeye early on to take care of the nightvision issue. But dark elfs are much cooler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Agoraphobia - Rogue
Refund - Enchanter
Stryche - Shadow Knight (Current toon)

<Azure Guard>
Old 07-31-2012, 02:53 PM
Planar Protector

only reason to pick DE over ERU is for hide.
Old 07-31-2012, 02:53 PM
Planar Protector

Necromancers get Deadeye at level 8 (infravision plus see-invis) and Shadow Sight at level 24 (Ultravision). Night time is vastly brighter on P1999 than it historically was in classic EQ. Vision is therefore a non-issue for the Necromancer class. As noted above, though, hide does have some uses so it boils down to a question of how badly you want the better starting factions vs hide.

Danth
Old 07-31-2012, 03:25 PM
Sarnak

You can always turn up the beta on the screen for really dark areas. I don't believe you could control that in classic though.
Old 07-31-2012, 04:07 PM
Orc

Ok, i made a Dark Elf Necro called Werthe. Any advice on which spells should be my priority to buy at low lvl ?
Closed Thread