Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 05-09-2010, 12:23 PM
Planar Protector

Default Bards: new bug (lull on mobs)

i finaly was able to reproduce this tricky bug:

kelin's lugubrious lament (bard lull lvl 8) is buged right now

once casted on a mob, the mob wont be attackable as long the effect is active on it. you can cast spells on the mob but are not able to hit with weapons. it doesnt happen always but quite often
Old 05-09-2010, 12:44 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

once casted on a mob, the mob wont be attackable as long the effect is active on it. you can cast spells on the mob but are not able to hit with weapons. it doesnt happen always but quite often
If true... you might want to delete this and move it down to the other section of exploits. Sounds pretty crazy the way you are describing it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-09-2010, 12:50 PM
Planar Protector

I've actually never noticed the bug that's being described.

Also, maybe I just don't know how lull works, but it seems to not work that often even if it's not explicitly "resisted".
Old 05-09-2010, 02:49 PM
Sarnak

i was with mitic in lord group in lower guk . he chamed an wizzard froogie and all were not able to melee dmg it but my undead spells worked . he first conned amiably to us , charm worn off and froggie was kos again but was not meleeable [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] also the dmg done by spells was not shown on the target % health display . but eventually he died by spells .
Old 05-09-2010, 04:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If true... you might want to delete this and move it down to the other section of exploits. Sounds pretty crazy the way you are describing it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i forgot to add that the mob can hit you while u can not hit him with weapons..spells work tho and as soon the lull effect wears off all is fine again

Quote:
i was with mitic in lord group in lower guk . he chamed an wizzard froogie and all were not able to melee dmg it but my undead spells worked . he first conned amiably to us , charm worn off and froggie was kos again but was not meleeable also the dmg done by spells was not shown on the target % health display . but eventually he died by spells .
i charmed him cause that red mob kept hitting on us in the 150ish dmg while we where not able to do anything. while he was charmed the lull effect weared off and we could hit him again (my mezz was to low for the mob so i charmed him btw)
Old 05-09-2010, 04:29 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via MSN to Jify

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Not so sure it's that simple. I was lulling FGs and tanking them, they were not immune to any melee damage (at least from me). Maybe this is limited to certain zones/mobs?
Old 05-09-2010, 04:30 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via MSN to Jify

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yinaltin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i was with mitic in lord group in lower guk . he chamed an wizzard froogie and all were not able to melee dmg it but my undead spells worked . he first conned amiably to us , charm worn off and froggie was kos again but was not meleeable [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] also the dmg done by spells was not shown on the target % health display . but eventually he died by spells .
Please note that if something is charmed and then breaks, you have to retarget the mob in order to see updated HP, do melee DPS, or send you pet in to attack.

Cheers!

Edit: I should clarify what I mean by retarget. You must target something else, then target the mob that was charmed. It's HP will update, spell damage will show, and you will be able to melee it. Unless you're fighting in Kedge, where you must target yourself, swim within melee range, and then target the mob you wish to attack.
Last edited by Jify; 05-09-2010 at 05:48 PM..
Old 05-09-2010, 04:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jify [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not so sure it's that simple. I was lulling FGs and tanking them, they were not immune to any melee damage (at least from me). Maybe this is limited to certain zones/mobs?
was in lguk at lord, happened at least 4-5 times within the last 2 days, mostly on the lvl 40+ mobs
Old 05-09-2010, 09:49 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jify [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please note that if something is charmed and then breaks, you have to retarget the mob in order to see updated HP, do melee DPS, or send you pet in to attack.

Cheers!

Edit: I should clarify what I mean by retarget. You must target something else, then target the mob that was charmed. It's HP will update, spell damage will show, and you will be able to melee it. Unless you're fighting in Kedge, where you must target yourself, swim within melee range, and then target the mob you wish to attack.
This. I was thrown off many times when charmed npc's would break charm while I had them targeted. De-selecting the NPC and re-selecting was my quick fix as well.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:25 AM
Kobold

Does our charm work reliably anymore? Do you cast charm and go to battle/switch songs, or do you cast charm song and leave it grey-ed?

I noticed the exact same thing as Skaff, deselecting and re-selecting seems to work.