Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 12:51 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Unhappy Aviak Faction (KFC)

I spent weeks in South Karana killing Aviak's ranging from Egrets to Avocets back in 1999 and none of them gave out any factions. This is an ideal locations for soloing or small groups for a wide range of levels and shouldn't be hampered due to factioning issues.
Old 11-23-2009, 11:26 PM
Orc

Bringing this thread back to the top, as I noticed this disrepancy from Classic EQ today in South Karana.

The South Karana aviaks did not have faction back in 1999. This is what made SK such a hot spot for the high teens and through the low 20s, solo or in a group. The aviak bird house, fun atmospheric music and link-aggroing but perpetually dubiously conning (no faction hit) aviaks were great. I have good memories of aviak hunting from the summer of 1999.

No "Aviak" faction hits.

Thanks!

-Datante
Old 11-25-2009, 11:23 AM
Orc

I was just killing them a few hours ago with a couple of friends and became the most hated possible with them very quickly despite never going there prior. Sucks because I can't use that merchant anymore that's up there.
Old 11-25-2009, 01:59 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadder [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was just killing them a few hours ago with a couple of friends and became the most hated possible with them very quickly despite never going there prior. Sucks because I can't use that merchant anymore that's up there.
Yeah, this shouldn't happen. The aviaks give no faction hits and their merchant will sell to anybody. That's how it was by 2000, at least.
Old 11-25-2009, 02:30 PM
Planar Protector

Out of curiosity, is the merchant (Krak Windchaser I think he's called) selling anything other than lockpicks (by default) on this server?

Or the centaur for that matter (Ulan Meadowgreen).
Old 11-25-2009, 03:26 PM
Sarnak

Centaur merchant isn't in as far as I can tell... or maybe i just couldnt find him. I did check the little centaur town fairly thoroughly. Aviak merchant is on a different faction from the aviaks and will sell to anyone as far as I noticed. I believe he sells a whole load of other stuff by default than just lockpicks, however.
Old 11-25-2009, 05:42 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

sigh, when I read this thread I thought somehow aviaks were in Karnors. KFC = Karnor's Fuckin' Castle. SK Aviaks = ...aviaks. Same for Lake Rathe, 1, 2 and 3 spawn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilbog
If all the polls I have done up until now fully counted, you would be playing on some abomination of a PVP server with 2-10 boxing based on votes from people named xcm234nv and adfa234.
Old 11-25-2009, 05:55 PM
Fire Giant

SK Aviarks were the original KFC. I was so confused when people started referring to Karnor's as KFC.

Also, they were on the "Aviark" faction, though Krak was not on the faction (you could sell to him even with bottomed out faction).
Old 11-26-2009, 12:11 AM
Orc

I had never heard of the 'KFC' acronym before; but as for the South Karana aviaks at the bird house and throughout the zone, they did not have faction in 1999.

Is a change to classic style possible, or is aviak faction here to stay?
Old 11-27-2009, 10:16 AM
Planar Protector

bump,

I have not been able to find a group in 2 days and I'm kind of stuck here for a few levels. Would love to be able to use the merchant without risking death each time.

On a side note, I'm being told that the centaur merchant is not in the game so the closest one is on the ass end of Lake Rathetear.
Closed Thread