Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 01-13-2012, 08:51 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Necro FD issue soloing

If a necro uses FD for example for emergency while soloing, it loses all the dmg accounted to get full xp, so the pet will steal the 50% all the time when this happens with low hp mobs.
Old 01-13-2012, 04:03 PM
Fire Giant

This should not be reproducible all the time - by my educated guess it is directly related to the mem wipe chance of FD - it has a chance to clear hate / aggro list and also all damage done to the mob by that person - see monk powerleveling for details...
Probably working as intended. But if you have to FD during a fight, only getting 50% xp hit is probably your least worry [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-15-2012, 12:04 PM
Sarnak

This should be considered working as intended. A successful FD will always wipe your damage, even if you get up right after a successful FD when the mob is still alive. ( this is not the same thing as removing all hate, )

In all honesty FDing while exping was a normal thing for most necro's , there are a lot of strats that use FD during normal fighting. The 50% pet thing has removed these techniques. Which is unfortunate.

There is a difference between monk FD and Necro/Sk FD so please do not entwine the two to the same rules. They are similar but have differences.
Last edited by Brinkman; 01-15-2012 at 12:09 PM..
Old 01-15-2012, 05:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinkman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is a difference between monk FD and Necro/Sk FD so please do not entwine the two to the same rules. They are similar but have differences.
--verbose please
Old 01-15-2012, 05:42 PM
Orc

I thought here that if you fd on a mob thats like 30 or 35+ that if you stand up prematurely before the mob is dead your damage will still be added.

When i PL people on my necro, once we get to a certain level of mobs say sabretooth tigers in OT, if i beat it down to ten percent with the PL'ee doing 5 or 10 % damage throughout the fight, i have to stay down or i will ks him if i stand up before it actually died.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:14 PM
Fire Giant

Thanks for explaining, but that is new to me. When I was PLing on live (after Velious release though), I would kill a mob to 10% and then cast 3-4x screaming terror on them, that would give about 80% chance of a memwipe and damage list wiped.

I do not recall FD working as it does here at all, neither for monks. But then I didn't start playing EQ until April 2001 (shortly after Velious release)

Cheers

Slozem
Old 01-18-2012, 12:23 PM
Sarnak

/offtopic

screaming terror on this server does nothing else than a mez x seconds . no mem blur effect sadly . even with evidence . it was discussed but ppl forget about it . its back in the bug section somewhere :/ on live you could screaming terror 2 3 times and the mob would be mem blurred most of the time .
Old 01-18-2012, 12:44 PM
Banned

^ that is true and should 100% be the case
Old 01-19-2012, 06:41 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yinaltin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
screaming terror on this server does nothing else than a mez x seconds . no mem blur effect sadly . even with evidence . it was discussed but ppl forget about it . its back in the bug section somewhere :/ on live you could screaming terror 2 3 times and the mob would be mem blurred most of the time .
Yeah I just read about that bug thread you bumped - I will see if in the next weeks I can manage to dig up any old logs of mine - after all I played a necro for a looooooooooong time. However, I'm afraid even if I still do have old logs, they will not count as evidence, since none are older than mid-2001...