Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > PvP Bugs

Old 12-22-2011, 03:59 AM
Kobold

Default Line of sight on spells

Will line of sight checks be reverted to the way they were on blue ore kunark? I.e. Moving behind a wall before an enemy npc/pc finished casting its spell would cause it to be interrupted?
Old 12-22-2011, 04:37 AM
Aviak

I don't even think it interupts on blue either?
Old 12-22-2011, 05:30 AM
Planar Protector

Edit: (ON blue) - mobs can't cast on you (most of the time) if you are out of LOS. If you are in LOS and they start casting, you can't run out of LOS to stop their cast ( they will finish and land the spell on you ). The only way on blue to interrupt a spell is by going out of range.

On red i've heard that you can't LoS spells, but the LoS actually decreases the range you have to run to go out of range to cause the interrupt. So where normally in los you'd have to run 100ft to go out of range, with LoS broken you'd have to only run 50ft (not exact number representation, just an example) to go out of range.
Old 12-22-2011, 06:02 AM
Kobold

Pre kunark, on blue, if I ran out of los mid cast the spell would fail to successfully go off. when pulling in guk, sola, planes etc I could prevent taking excessive dmg while pulling via using line of sight checks vs caster mobs.

ie I'd pull, some casters were in the bunch, I'd run to a corner or behind a wall, their cast time would finish while I was out of line of sight (behind a wall or corner)... Their spell would fail and they would rush me.

In kunark the game mechanics changed but pre kunark that's how it worked.
Old 12-22-2011, 12:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf420 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pre kunark, on blue, if I ran out of los mid cast the spell would fail to successfully go off. when pulling in guk, sola, planes etc I could prevent taking excessive dmg while pulling via using line of sight checks vs caster mobs.

ie I'd pull, some casters were in the bunch, I'd run to a corner or behind a wall, their cast time would finish while I was out of line of sight (behind a wall or corner)... Their spell would fail and they would rush me.

In kunark the game mechanics changed but pre kunark that's how it worked.
yeah, I wasn't sure if it was changed for kunark, or if it was changed to make it "more" classic. The los change was something that was done while I wasn't playing (Kunark release > June 2011)
Old 12-22-2011, 01:23 PM
Banned

Yea same as what Autotune said above. The most direct example I have is duoing Efreeti prior to Kunark. You had to dodge his Ice Comets because if not you were 100% dirtnap on blue.
Old 12-27-2011, 05:23 AM
Kobold

Bump, devs.