Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > PvP Bugs

Old 12-15-2011, 06:29 PM
Kobold

Default PvP death bug

You retain your mana when dying in PvP. You should respawn OOM.

Thanks!

(and fix exp loss only being 1% on death)
Old 12-16-2011, 11:58 AM
Sarnak

Yes I concur, People dieing and respawning at their bind spot with FULL mana is kind of ridiculous... Had a kid yesterday respawn and mem bolt to keep nuking over and over.

Can we see what the root cause of this is?
Quote:
Originally Posted by inimegalg View Post
kringe always come up big.. thanks bro

wish we were guilded together n pvping but i think selena/keto carrying over some shit that happened in WoW and black listed me from holocaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb9 View Post
you are a prized screenshot my friend, you arent the type to just sit around afk and let it happen'
Old 12-16-2011, 12:40 PM
Sarnak

IMO, you should not respawn with full mana, but you should not respawn with 0 mana either. Perhaps 10% mana. This way you can have enough mana to cast 1-2 buffs before starting your corpse run.

Another, better, fix to this problem, would be to remove the ability of casters to bind anywhere. Force them to bind in cities, like all of the melee. Imagine how much better the PvP would be, if 80% of the server wasn't bound less than a minute away from the action.
Old 12-16-2011, 08:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albane [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IMO, you should not respawn with full mana, but you should not respawn with 0 mana either. Perhaps 10% mana. This way you can have enough mana to cast 1-2 buffs before starting your corpse run.

Another, better, fix to this problem, would be to remove the ability of casters to bind anywhere. Force them to bind in cities, like all of the melee. Imagine how much better the PvP would be, if 80% of the server wasn't bound less than a minute away from the action.
Or, we could just do it the classic way, since this is a classic server, and make them respawn OOM.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 12-16-2011, 08:51 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or, we could just do it the classic way, since this is a classic server, and make them respawn OOM.
With consideration that you lose exp when you die ... on classic EQ, when you die and lose exp, you spawn with full mana. I think it should remain this way, considering it IS an exp death, pvp or not.

In classic you didn't lose exp, so you ran out of mana. Here, you die an exp death, and therefore granted full mana. If someone wants to engage someone at full mana but no gear for revenge, let them try, if they are willing to die another exp death.
Old 12-16-2011, 08:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by xblade724 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
With consideration that you lose exp when you die ... on classic EQ, when you die and lose exp, you spawn with full mana. I think it should remain this way, considering it IS an exp death, pvp or not.

In classic you didn't lose exp, so you ran out of mana. Here, you die an exp death, and therefore granted full mana. If someone wants to engage someone at full mana but no gear for revenge, let them try, if they are willing to die another exp death.
That would be a reason to take our exp loss and not a reason to take out mana loss on death (clearly the better deterrent to bind rushing, and clearly more classic), but if they keep both I don't mind, I just want casters to respawn OOM after pvp deaths.

This includes me too, Bards have mana... even though we only use it for two songs, it still sucks that I can't cast denon's desperate dirge for another 80 minutes.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 12-16-2011, 09:35 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That would be a reason to take our exp loss and not a reason to take out mana loss on death (clearly the better deterrent to bind rushing, and clearly more classic), but if they keep both I don't mind, I just want casters to respawn OOM after pvp deaths.

This includes me too, Bards have mana... even though we only use it for two songs, it still sucks that I can't cast denon's desperate dirge for another 80 minutes.
Hell let them bind rush -- that's why exp deaths were implemented. If they bind rush, they are already at a disadvantage because of no gear. Most bind rushers lose - even casters. And a mage/necro would have to go to the bank to get pet materials out, IF they have some in bank AND they are near the bank.

Let them try. That's why exp deaths are in place. They will more than likely lose.
Old 12-17-2011, 02:41 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by xblade724 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hell let them bind rush -- that's why exp deaths were implemented. If they bind rush, they are already at a disadvantage because of no gear. Most bind rushers lose - even casters. And a mage/necro would have to go to the bank to get pet materials out, IF they have some in bank AND they are near the bank.

Let them try. That's why exp deaths are in place. They will more than likely lose.
You're fucking retarded. EXP penalty doesn't do shit when it's 1%~ and you are a caster that goes oom after killing them 3x. You kill them 3x but now have to gate bc the naked bindrusher is still coming and you aren't a dumbass that doesn't mind getting dirtnapped.
Old 12-17-2011, 05:37 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daefuin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're fucking retarded. EXP penalty doesn't do shit when it's 1%~ and you are a caster that goes oom after killing them 3x. You kill them 3x but now have to gate bc the naked bindrusher is still coming and you aren't a dumbass that doesn't mind getting dirtnapped.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-17-2011, 04:09 PM
Kobold

umad?umad?umad?

fucking moron. go post some more about bards not being an ae deathtouching warp speed invuln class. Let the big boys talk about PvP exp loss and mana respawning issues.