Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2011, 10:21 PM
Banned

Default Fire , Cold and MAGIC

How many of you know the difference between the 3

apparently most dont , including staff

many of you played eq back when it was young , many played through luclin and pop , and god , dodh , etc etc

i need some people to back me up here so far only person who has is darworth ( SP? )

basically it goes like this

MAGIC has its own resist table

where you start to see massive resists on roots / snares and magic based DD around 100

at 150 it makes you close to immune to these things , but some do land

FIRE / COLD do not share this table , nor did they ever in eq
i talked to several people during the event who were buffed and had bards

even veto will confirm he had 177 cold resist

and 3 ice comets = 59 dmg each

THIS IS WRONG

having 100 to fire or cold made you shave off 30% of the dmg on live , and maybe maybe a 10% total outright resist , if you are lucky

having 150 to either of those resists let you shave off maybe 40 , 50 on some casts , but 20% or so of them got through for a nice hit

with the current system in place right now , i had 14 ice comets hit for 59 fucking damage

yes thats tonight at the event , where alot of people were naked / half geared / using rusty weapons or what not

yes i know what your saying , i did get some kills , and i did 750 quite a few people

but those people were naked practically

with the current system you become a god at 150 resist to spells , and this is just dumb

if things followed through the way they currently are wizards are basically pointless , and while i feel that you have no idea about how tables worked and how to even go about fixing them i dont honestly think anything will change

you can push the server back all you want but it seems the dev's miss the fundamentals of the game completely , meaning none of them even played on pvp when it was classic.

also PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT WITH 150 COLD OR FIRE IF YOU GO TO TOV YOU WILL RESIST MOST EVERYTHING IN THAT TABLE

this is FOR PVP NOT PVE

if you go to seb with 150 to those resists youll be super happy with what your resists are , why?

Because pvp and pve are different tables too ! Yes they are ! wowo

you should not need lures to fucking pvp on classic

lures didnt come till later because shit didnt become resistant till later , excluding plane of sky stuff ( i dont even know if sky was classic )

and yes lovely i saw you got alot of kills , i saw plenty of scrubs to kill too

but you had no big names that were buffed

i was fucked from the start because when i went into the building to get my gear , the gm magically gave me all my spells * i didnt need them *

and reset all my specializations to 1

which made ice comet take 30% of my mana to cast ( super )
Old 10-30-2011, 10:29 PM
Banned

yeah its pretty retarded, thought i had explained this in detail to good ol null and made some headway but it looks like we are back in retardville where a melee with some shit gear will be immune to everything.

100 resistance shaved off on average 15% - 20%

150 25% - 35%

200 45% - 50%

making it so anyone with 100 resistance is going to take 30 damage on half of the casts is just plain retarded and i dont understand why it seems so impossible to grasp this.
Old 10-30-2011, 10:34 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
with the current system in place right now , i had 14 ice comets hit for 59 fucking damage
This happened to me disturbingly often at this event. Run up to a guy and gogo comet.. Boom 59 dmg.. Same deal with Conflag and other nukes.
Old 10-30-2011, 10:47 PM
VIP / Contributor

minimum partials are too low at higher levels of resistance, got it.
Old 10-30-2011, 10:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwoth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yeah its pretty retarded, thought i had explained this in detail to good ol null and made some headway but it looks like we are back in retardville where a melee with some shit gear will be immune to everything.

100 resistance shaved off on average 15% - 20%

150 25% - 35%

200 45% - 50%

making it so anyone with 100 resistance is going to take 30 damage on half of the casts is just plain retarded and i dont understand why it seems so impossible to grasp this.

Think i said this the first day I played after patch and refused to play intill resistance were fixed, I had a sk resti everyone of my 49 lvl DDs and pet could not even root him.I have 148 int and still total restis.
Old 10-30-2011, 10:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Null [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
minimum partials are too low at higher levels of resistance, got it.
needs to be in the range we tested dude, around 150 instead of 30. while an artificial fix it would at least bring it much more in line with classic in the 140 - 200 resistance range, should obviously be much higher at the lower end.
Old 10-30-2011, 10:58 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamiah2011 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Think i said this the first day I played after patch and refused to play intill resistance were fixed, I had a sk resti everyone of my 49 lvl DDs and pet could not even root him.I have 148 int and still total restis.
You need to try under the most recent patch, you will never got a full resist on your direct damage spells. Also, int has no bearing on your spells landing.
Old 10-30-2011, 11:00 PM
Banned

with elemental single effect nukes you never got full resists anyway beyond the 5% or whatever default that you got against all spells, i know your trying to get it right but you need to stop thinking that the "no full resists" thing is a buff when instead of a 5% chance to outright resist you have a 40 or 50% chance to do less damage than you could melee for.
Old 10-30-2011, 11:02 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Null [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You need to try under the most recent patch, you will never got a full resist on your direct damage spells. Also, int has no bearing on your spells landing.
It should on dmg done,But why is a 50 lvl getting all us 49 lvl DD resisted from a player equal in lvl? I played RZ and I sure dosnt feel right at all.I casted a total of 5 times and was resisted 5 times and pet could not root the player and my earth pet was 49 lvl..Please explain.
Old 10-30-2011, 11:07 PM
Banned

Shit seemed pretty good to me. Hard to tell off one fight but shit seemed to be landing correctly for the gear most of us had - enchanters were effective, necros were very powerful. Hard to tell with wizards, only two i saw instantly yondered for max distance every time I ran into them.
Closed Thread