Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > PvP Bugs

Old 10-17-2011, 11:36 PM
Orc

Default Some bugs i've found

Erudite necromancers do not start out with the paineel key.

Gnome necromancers are kos to the clockwork mobs in a anon.

Not sure if this was a bug but my aoe dots while playing a bard were hitting my group. I remember them hitting pets but I can't remember if they hit group members or not.

Also the enchanter pet does not have a level range when summoned. All pets used to have a 3 level range they could be in when summoned.
Old 10-18-2011, 12:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivalxl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Erudite necromancers do not start out with the paineel key.

Gnome necromancers are kos to the clockwork mobs in a anon.

Not sure if this was a bug but my aoe dots while playing a bard were hitting my group. I remember them hitting pets but I can't remember if they hit group members or not.

Also the enchanter pet does not have a level range when summoned. All pets used to have a 3 level range they could be in when summoned.
Are you sure about the last thing? My animation pets on Starman seemed to vary in level.

Also how do you know erudite necros started with the paineel key? Or that gnomes were not kos to the clockwork mobs? (looking in the everlore archives, it seems that they were kos)
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 10-18-2011, 12:35 AM
Planar Protector

Of course AE spells hit group members on an FFA pvp server.

lol wut
Old 10-18-2011, 02:09 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you sure about the last thing? My animation pets on Starman seemed to vary in level.

Also how do you know erudite necros started with the paineel key? Or that gnomes were not kos to the clockwork mobs? (looking in the everlore archives, it seems that they were kos)
I played an erudite necro the day paineel was released, you started with a key. And as for the gnome necro they might have been kos to the ones outside akanon but inside you were able to walk around safely. If you make a gnome necro now there is a patrolling clockwork that instant kills you right where you spawn in inside akanon. Then if you try and get your corpse it is impossible due to the patrolling clockworks. It makes the class/race unplayable since you have no spells (they are on your corpse) and the nearest trainer aside from the ones inside akanon are in Freeport.
Old 10-18-2011, 02:12 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Of course AE spells hit group members on an FFA pvp server.
I could have swore ae spells would say they have tried to hit a group member but they were protected. I could be very wrong but I remember ae groups on rz which was ffa pvp as well.
Old 10-18-2011, 10:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivalxl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I played an erudite necro the day paineel was released, you started with a key. And as for the gnome necro they might have been kos to the ones outside akanon but inside you were able to walk around safely. If you make a gnome necro now there is a patrolling clockwork that instant kills you right where you spawn in inside akanon. Then if you try and get your corpse it is impossible due to the patrolling clockworks. It makes the class/race unplayable since you have no spells (they are on your corpse) and the nearest trainer aside from the ones inside akanon are in Freeport.
What's the exact name of the mob? Can you find it here?: http://web.archive.org/web/200108111...e=14&land=1120
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 10-18-2011, 04:39 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What's the exact name of the mob? Can you find it here?: http://web.archive.org/web/200108111...e=14&land=1120
The mobs name is clockwork xvd. I zoned in after dieing and clockwork xib killed me too. So it has to be a shared faction that they have.
Old 10-19-2011, 07:10 PM
Fire Giant

Do people remember gnome necros starting KOS to the roaming clockworks in Ak'anon? The only thing I remember from 1999 about them is them begging me to buy food/water for them because they had a hard time buying/selling.

On Al'kabor (while testing starting faction with guildmaster) I ran the gnome necro around and was dubious to the clockwork guards/sweepers/etc.
Old 10-19-2011, 10:52 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

AOEs hit groups on Rallos Zek. The only reason they didn't on VZ and TZ and SZ is because it was hard coded against attacking members of your own team.

Gnome necros shouldnt be kos to gnome guards even that was classic its fucking dumb. inb4 BEING A NECROMANCER IS EVIL - dont care dumb.

Okay this one is a little foggy in my head mostly because I never went to Odus but I'm fairly certain paineel didn't even exist in classic. I'm going to go with 80 percent certain.

Okay and for this point I'd say I'm about 20 percent certain but I thought enchanter pets were always lower level than the pet level and thats why mages and necros were considered the better "pet" class. And I'm not trying to start a better class arguement I'm merely speculating on the value of their pet and their pets alone so put that ugly troll away small sons.

Now here is where I really want to go with this post. I'd say that nearly all of the bug reports on this forum and cited with about the accuracy of my last statement. It's amazing to me how many people think their viewpoint is remotely classic when it is so far from the truth I wonder what kind of lucidity they go through their everyday life with!
Old 10-20-2011, 09:43 AM
Sarnak

on tz you could be gruoped with people who werent on your team and the ae's wouldnt hit the person, how ever it would hit the pets. Being in a guild didnt make people immune to your aes,except the people in your group