Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 04:17 PM
Fire Giant

Default The serious sig-loot discussion

So, we had signatures on SZ. You'd get a signature from anyone you killed within your level range. Mostly people just collected them, but the intention was that they could be spent on summon corpse potions. It never really took off, but it could be made into an awesome system here that doesn't have to feel artificial or conflict with general gameplay.

On SZ, there was a signature for each deity. Kill someone whose religion was Mithaniel Marr and you'd loot a Signature of Mithaniel Marr, or whatever. There were lesser and greater iirc, to prevent low-level characters from getting the same rewards as high-levels. The deity part isn't necessary here, there could just be lesser/plain/greater signatures for levels 1-24, 25-45 and 46+.

That would be great for this server. Instead of just summon corpse potions, signatures could be used as currency for any number of balanced conveniences such as:

Summon corpse potions, of course
Quality arrows
Crystallized pumice
Food with +5/10 all resists
Potions of Traveler Boots buff
Whatever you can come up with that fits the pattern of "useful but not gamebreaking in any way".

People can spend sigs on these minor benefits or keep them as trophies to tally their kills.

Who doesn't miss calling "sigged"?

Work on this system could start after the server launches. It wouldn't have to be in right at launch and nobody wants to wait an extra two weeks, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't add another fun aspect to PvP.
Last edited by greatdane; 09-18-2011 at 04:25 PM..
Old 09-18-2011, 04:22 PM
Kobold

the corpse summon potions were very important for us on the good team.

Yea sigs were a real treasure on SZ. My goodie enchanter got very few kill shots, but certainly liked my small collection of sigs. Even without any reward they were worth their "weight" in smack talk.....

edit in: there was quite a trade in those potions with people going to Stormhammer and diverting them into the regular servers. And I believe there was an exploit where bards could use them without expending them.
Old 09-18-2011, 04:50 PM
Planar Protector

I've mentioned this in other threads, and I think it would be a viable PvP reward system...providing incentive. The main thing is making it so no one can farm alts for rewards, possibly limiting it to one sig per player over a specified period of time. I'm not a coder, so I dunno how hard it would be to implement, but for every great idea, there's an abuse for it.

The great thing is that it helps to circumvent corpse-camping if summon corpse pots are a reward. They would need to be non-tradeable also...again, abuse...even tho for a time I think pots were worth mad cash. Am I misremembering that sigs had names attached? Maybe I'm fantasizing, but those would make great screenshots. Better than yellow text!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
if your reason to be here is to ruin other peoples experiences and grief them off the server, then not only do you not deserve the privilege of playing here, but i will remove your ability to do so.
Last edited by Humerox; 09-18-2011 at 04:57 PM..
Old 09-18-2011, 04:56 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

again, any sort of reward system that results in physical items is going to require a nanny system as well, only takes 2 ppl to abuse the system.
Old 09-18-2011, 04:57 PM
Fire Giant

neat concept. I wouldnt mind seeing something like that as long as it cant be exploited. Be really neat if some how the head looted had the name of the player so like i could link Soandso's Head
Old 09-18-2011, 04:58 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasher [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
neat concept. I wouldnt mind seeing something like that as long as it cant be exploited. Be really neat if some how the head looted had the name of the player so like i could link Soandso's Head
that would be neat.
Old 09-18-2011, 05:26 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humerox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Am I misremembering that sigs had names attached? Maybe I'm fantasizing, but those would make great screenshots. Better than yellow text!
They just had the deity of the victim, and you couldn't be agnostic on SZ. Having a sig for each name would be impossible, you'd never have room for them. Just the ten or so stacks of religion sigs took up quite a lot of space.

There would be no point making them deity-based here since it isn't gonna be deity-based team PvP. Just Greater Signature of Discord or whatever.

Or you could maybe have them for each class. That'd make for interesting recordkeeping, too.
Last edited by greatdane; 09-18-2011 at 05:30 PM..
Old 09-18-2011, 05:26 PM
Banned

Yeah as long as it's bragging rights and not actual rewards I like it.
Old 09-18-2011, 06:14 PM
Fire Giant

If the heads could have the victims name on it i would probably delete all the heads of scrubs and keep the heads with high profile names so i can link for pleasure
Old 09-18-2011, 06:17 PM
Fire Giant

Sigs and heads for everyone! Maybe we should make a serious poll instead.
Closed Thread