Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 09:33 PM
Large Bat

Default 9-11-2001 .. where were you?

i'll start off, was my day off from work and i was actually playing EQ.

was sitting in front of the bank in FV talking in OOC. i see a halfling druid next to me sitting, i asked him for a port and got no response. minute or so later i asked him if he was there and he says: yeah whats up? so i ask him if he got my tell and he says he's no paying attention to the screen, he's mourning..

at this point i still don't know what has happened, TV is off. i crack a joke and ask him if he's mourning the death of the ogre next to him (there was a dead body laying there in front of the bank) and that's when he tells me to turn the TV on and watch the news.

it's amazing the things you remember so vividly at certain points of your life.

RIP all those who lost their lives that day.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:35 PM
Fire Giant

inb4 thread move
Old 09-11-2011, 09:36 PM
Sarnak

2nd period History class, Girl got dropped off late for school and said a plane hit one of the towers. Assuming it was a small prop plane and some kinda of tragic accident. Little did we know till turning on the TV in class to find out more.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:39 PM
Planar Protector

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=48024
Old 09-11-2011, 09:40 PM
Kobold

My dad woke me up extra early for school (we lived in Hawaii at the time, 6 hour time difference from the East Coast) and turned on CNN. He said no words. I will never forget opening my eyes that morning to the second tower being hit.

I went to school and most people had no idea what had happened. I mentioned it to my first period teacher and he thought I was full of shit. Then we turned the TV on and the word spread like wildfire around campus.

I believe they sent us home early that day.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:44 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannacore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
well as you can tell by my post count i don't frequent these boards, so i was unaware of another similar thread. thought it would be appropriate to start this thread on the 10th year anniversary to the day.

i'm sure Mods will move or merge this thread if need be.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-11-2011, 10:30 PM
Orc

I was at Best Buy buying EverQuest after I got off work at 0800. I got home and Mother told me what happened.
Blackheim Bloodvortex, Erudite Necromancer
Old 09-11-2011, 10:46 PM
Sarnak

oops, I posted in the RnF thread. I was camping that gay goblin earring in WW while home "sick" from school.
Old 09-11-2011, 10:49 PM
Banned

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, including section 2656 of title 22, United States Code, and section 3161 of title 5, United States Code, it is hereby ordered as follows:

(i) monitoring and evaluating narratives (overarching communication themes that reflect a community's identity, experiences, aspirations, and concerns) and events abroad that are relevant to the development of a U.S. strategic counterterrorism narrative designed to counter violent extremism and terrorism that threaten the interests and national security of the United States;

Executive Order--Developing an Integrated Strategic Counterterrorism Communications Initiative | The White House
Old 09-11-2011, 11:05 PM
Planar Protector

i forgot actually
Last edited by georgie; 09-11-2011 at 11:10 PM..
Closed Thread