Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 11:47 AM
Sarnak

Default Where were you when 9|11 happened?

Me? Just walking into work, sat down at PC and was booting up, wife (xwife now) called and said "are you watching the news?". I responded, "Nope, just walked in and booting up". She replied, "Some idiot flew their plane into the world trade tower in NYC." Then I noticed no one was around me. Co-worker walked by me and let me know everyone was in the breakroom, watching things unfold. Went in, watched in amazement, everyone chatting about it, some amazed, some worried, lots of chatter...until we all watched in horror as the second plane hit. Saw it happen live, still errie to this day.

What's weird too is the place I worked was on the north end of DFW Airport. Right by the flight path where the planes come down to land. Later on that morning we watched as plane after plane were forced to land. Usually they come in 5 to 10 minutes apart. This day - they were less than 60 seconds. One after the other landed and moved over. Surreal.

Not to mention the F16 that was following one of the planes that took off right before the grounding. It couldn't land since it was still heavy with fuel. Had to taxi over DFW with an armed F16 tailing it.

We should never forget what transpired this day. IMO we are getting to soft once again and are taking things for granted.

So - where were you all and your thoughts on this day?
Old 09-09-2011, 12:01 PM
Planar Protector

I was 11. I had gotten ready for school and walked out to the living room. I asked what was wrong, she briefly explained to me what happened, and my response was, "Oh. Well come on Mom, I'm going to be late for school."

Lots of kids were absent that day, I don't think I fully understood how big of a deal this actually was.
Old 09-09-2011, 12:03 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

health class freshmen year of highschool
Old 09-09-2011, 12:15 PM
Project Manager

Starbucks, meeting with professor at campus for sophomore English class.
Old 09-09-2011, 12:19 PM
Sarnak

in 6th grade in my schools cafeteria lolo
Old 09-09-2011, 12:28 PM
Planar Protector

I was twenty-one at the time and woke up late because I didn't have to work. My mom had already called and left me a message to turn on the tv because a plane had flown into the WTC. I followed her advice and turned on the tube right as the second plane hit, and then I sat there and watched all day long.

One of my most vivid 9/11 memories is of going to the tunnel in East Commons that night or the next and seeing the corpses of NYPD and NYFD curled up at the entrance.
Old 09-09-2011, 12:34 PM
Planar Protector

10th grade science class, not a whole lot went on. no one was dismissed, no one talked about it.
Old 09-09-2011, 12:49 PM
Planar Protector

home ec. like 8th or 9th grade?

lol wut
Old 09-09-2011, 12:56 PM
Aviak

I was actually playing EQ, and I can still remember that I was fighting on the Ridge in Dreadlands. Someone in OOC talked about a plane crash in NYC, so I switched on TV news and witnessed how both towers went down.
Old 09-09-2011, 01:03 PM
Planar Protector

I was at work (living in Buffalo at the time).
Spent most of the day checking out the news on my computer.

Was a day like any other besides the fact that I didn't get anything accomplished at my job.
Closed Thread