Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 04:42 PM
Planar Protector

Exclamation Questioning GM Decisions

I've noticed that there are quite a few threads going around in several forums which openly question the GM decision regarding the recent suite of 3rd party program users. This, I believe, affects the server's health as a whole, hence my posting in Server Chat. My main concern is that these kinds of posts will affect the way a new player sees this community negatively, turning them away from Project 1999 because of supposed cheating or corruption when such cheating has been summarily dealt with and the corruption has been deemed not to exist. Even if these things were in question, they would be indicative of the morals and actions of a few individuals rather than the server as a whole.

Why aren't these issues being dealt with in the proper manner, outlined by the people who run this server?

Why aren't the individuals responsible for various slanders and the obvious intent of mayhem against the population of Project 1999 being dealt with?

In the Rants, Flames, and NSFW forum there is a thread titled "GM Decisions." In that thread, I believe the official policy is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean
Lets get one thing straight folks. We don't answer to you.
and
Quote:
Any dialog between a GM and a player can be considered a private matter, and will not be open to public debate.
and
Quote:
We make decisions based on our best judgement, with no favoritism for any play character connections, so you will have to trust in our opinions for the health of the server.
I'm just a little curious as to why posts containing questions regarding GM Decisions on this particular issue are allowed to continue unmolested. I'm especially curious in this matter as I have been unable to question GM Decisions publically in the past, and I'm sure many others have been so unable as well.

Rogean goes on to state:
Quote:
You are welcome to report anything you may believe to be unjustified use of GM privileges to the petition forum or Nilbog and myself, but this would only be in situations where you believe a GM did not act as they are instructed so, and an investigation may occur, but do not think that this suddenly privies you to all information associated with any decision.
If this is the correct way to request oversight regarding a GM Decision, why aren't people being directed to do so rather than continue to spam the various forums about it?

Is the freedom of people to speak their mind - in a manner which has been prohibited, and when the proper manner has been outlined - worth the negative impact this campaign is probably having on this community?

No. People have said their piece and more. They have rattled their cages and then some. Nobody benefits from allowing this to continue, no matter what your stance is. I suggest that further posts calling into question the decisions of the GM Staff be deleted or archived separately, and that these posters be given instructions to raise grievances in the proper manner. I further suggest that repercussions for further violations of the rules be detailed and enforced. Everyone sees why this situation is different, but the rules of the forums shouldn't be set aside because a group of people want to raise questions and cause havoc about how the rules of the game are being enforced.
Old 09-06-2011, 04:45 PM
Kobold

first!
Old 09-06-2011, 04:46 PM
Banned

tldr praise emperor rogean and lady angel nilbog in dealing with the "one who cannot be named" and hackers.
Old 09-06-2011, 04:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhamp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
douchebag
uncalled for. This thread is for stopping people questioning Emperor Rogean's and Lady Angel Nilbog's divine judgements.
Old 09-06-2011, 04:52 PM
Planar Protector

i forsee a 100page thread
Old 09-06-2011, 04:59 PM
Planar Protector

Can the Mod's mod the posters and not the thread so that this stays in Server Chat please?
Old 09-06-2011, 04:59 PM
Sarnak

So anyway, disregarding the posts already made by trolls in this thread, I agree with everything Hasbinbad posted in the OP.

Is it possible for a moderator to restrict some forum accounts to only be able to post in Rants n Flames? Coz there are some accounts that surely only post that quality of material.
Old 09-06-2011, 05:00 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to Ihealyou

Putting a post on the front page about the bannings made it a public matter, and opened it to debate. You could argue that issues regarding individual bannings should be kept private, but people are talking about the policy as a whole. If the GMs wanted to keep it between themselves and the banned players, they could have done so.

Plus, deleting posts would just make it worse.

Uuur - Your favorite Master +1 cleric <LifeAlert>
Rockwell - Your favorite 30 virgin <Aspen and Rockwell>
Old 09-06-2011, 05:02 PM
Planar Protector

A lot of people are rightly outraged with the punishment that was chosen. I mean, does it really make sense to punish someone more because they liquidated their valuable items, and to punish someone else less because they spent all of their plat on items the day before they got banned? People are continuing to question the decision that was made because they feel like something might actually change. I'm sure the staff would like some feedback as to whether their punishment was appropriate as well.

I actually agree with most of the punishment (except that valuable items should probably be stripped from offending characters as well), but I can see why the staff would continue to let people question whether it was harsh enough.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 09-06-2011, 05:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihealyou [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Putting a post on the front page about the bannings made it a public matter, and opened it to debate. You could argue that issues regarding individual bannings should be kept private, but people are talking about the policy as a whole. If the GMs wanted to keep it between themselves and the banned players, they could have done so.

Plus, deleting posts would just make it worse.
They put it public to inform us, not to invite us to question them.

Allowing the server to see that punishments were handed out and giving fair warning for the future is not the same as setting aside the rules of the forum. I'm sorry Uuur, but your logic is simply not sound.