Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 12:48 PM
Kobold

Default Final Fantasy XIII

Yeah we all know FFXIII is better than EQ

FF > EQ > LIFE

Let's all discuss where we're at in FFXIII, what we think of it etc etc.

If you wanna be Classic talk about FFIX release

~Leader of <Tears of Prexus>~
Magician of the 2 Seas of Norrath!

~Bearded~
51 Cleric

::::RED 99::::

~Sylvana Whisperwind~
45 Druid

~Yiblaangel~
33 Paladin of Prexus

Old 03-22-2010, 01:41 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiblaan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah we all know FFXIII is better than EQ

FF > EQ > LIFE

Let's all discuss where we're at in FFXIII, what we think of it etc etc.

If you wanna be Classic talk about FFIX release
i started playing it... got to the first part of where the kid and that girl take those air motorcycles or whatever... then had to start tracking boss mobs. =p
Old 03-23-2010, 08:04 AM
Aviak

Send a message via Yahoo to Derazor

Been a long time FF fan.

FF 13 is by far the worst installment of the series (besides 11).

Game play is insanely slow. Way too easy. Too automated. Linear.

Graphics are great though. Im about 12 hours into the game and part way through the second disk on the Xbox 360.
Old 03-23-2010, 01:44 PM
Planar Protector

Final Fantasy 1 > EQ > The Legend of Zelda > Final Fantasy 7 > Everything Not Listed > Dogshit > WoW > Final Fantasy Other Than 1 & 7
Old 03-23-2010, 01:51 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

I really liked FF2 and FF3 as well. The materia system is what made 7 for me, and I found a game Lost Odyssey that is extremely similar. Great story, FF combat system, just dope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilbog
If all the polls I have done up until now fully counted, you would be playing on some abomination of a PVP server with 2-10 boxing based on votes from people named xcm234nv and adfa234.
Old 03-23-2010, 02:33 PM
Orc

FF1 is epic that is all there is about that
Old 03-23-2010, 03:21 PM
Fire Giant

hi2u

Breath of Fire
Chrono Trigger
Super Mario RPG
Lunar: Silver Star Story
FF4
FF5
Old 03-23-2010, 05:43 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excision Rottun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Chrono Trigger
Super Mario RPG
yes.
Old 03-23-2010, 06:58 PM
Sarnak

chrono trigger 1 and 2 FTW!!!!!
Falisaty Shagswell mage of 10 winters
"O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade that, with it, thou mayest blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy." Armaments 2:9
Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmakos View Post
my dick would look huge in her hand
Old 03-23-2010, 08:37 PM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Wenai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derazor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Been a long time FF fan.

FF 13 is by far the worst installment of the series (besides 11).

Game play is insanely slow. Way too easy. Too automated. Linear.

Graphics are great though. Im about 12 hours into the game and part way through the second disk on the Xbox 360.
I seem to see this reaction a lot and I have to say that 12hrs is far too early to make a call on it. The game doesn't even open up until the 25 hr mark. Once you get the the 25 hour mark it is no longer linear, have more control over your parties, strategies count and the missions are unforgivably hard.

The game is far from "too slow." Early on in the game you have very few choices. You can choose Attack.. You can choose Blitz... You can choose Ruin. My advice is this: When you get the opportunity to choose your party leader... play anything but a Commando. It is far too boring.

I agree that the first 25 hrs are far too linear. They literally spawn you in a corridor and you have to fight a conveyor belt of stupid mechanical creatures. I think a lot of people are getting hung up on this part of the game but trust me when I say it gets far better after the 25 hr mark.

I am currently 65 hrs in and I am still on chapter 11 (I got to Chapter 11 at the 25 hr mark) due to all the content that becomes available at that point. Between farming components (for upgrading), farming CP and the need for cash there is a lot to do. Factor in all the missions etc there is a huge timesink in the game (which I appreciate).

I am currently at the point where there is missions bosses I can't beat without continuing the story though which is a little bit annoying. I am capped at Stage 9 Crystarium and have all my characters maxxed in their primary roles as well as each of them having 1 non-natural role maxxed. Even with all this as well as Auto-Haste items, ATB Regen synergy and the works; I still can't beat some of the mission bosses. All of my characters have maxxed stage 2 weapons with maxxed accesories.

Needless to say; I am loving the game. I do have a few complaints though:

-Auto-battle (ie. the computer AI) is completely retarded at times. All three characters are sub-40% health and the Medic continuously casts Esuna to remove poison or something stupid.
-Kind of similar to my first complaint but my favorite part of FFXII was the ability to basically build the AI for your team members yourself. You could set up a series of commands that they would pull off in certain situations. If two situations were in effect, it would choose the one that you had ranked higher. I kind of wish there was a similar system in this.
-Linearity at the start is going to be too much for some to bear. This is not a western RPG. You do not get choices. There is an adventure and they make sure you are going to experience the adventure the way that they lay it out to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I really liked FF2 and FF3 as well. The materia system is what made 7 for me, and I found a game Lost Odyssey that is extremely similar. Great story, FF combat system, just dope.
Woot! Someone else who played Lost Odyssey! I totally rented this game, grinded it for so many hours on my friend's Xbox and never actually finished the game. I bought the game a while ago, but starting over was just too much for me to sit through it again. The random battles are just too much for me at this point, I just don't have the patience.
Closed Thread