Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 03:40 PM
Planar Protector

Default the differances of classes in pvp

i've never really pvp'd in eq, and in other mmo's ive done pvp in, some classes are better at it then others

over all i'd like to very much play on this server, but not too certain what to play, i've been thinking about a ogre shaman

seems to me that a good dot class like necro is'nt a bad idea either, but just dont know

may play a cleric for the hell of it, i for one enjoy grouping, and am not really into the playing by myself and trying to gank others
Old 08-22-2011, 03:42 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakkily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i've never really pvp'd in eq, and in other mmo's ive done pvp in, some classes are better at it then others

over all i'd like to very much play on this server, but not too certain what to play, i've been thinking about a ogre shaman

seems to me that a good dot class like necro is'nt a bad idea either, but just dont know

may play a cleric for the hell of it, i for one enjoy grouping, and am not really into the playing by myself and trying to gank others
Shamans are good for their durability but they get resisted a LOT, it's very easy to raise pr/dr/cr and then shamans just basically attack and survive.

Necros have unresistable spells and ROCK in pvp.

Druids rock as well.

Wiz's are good end of kunark/velious and rock past that

SKs are good.

Enchs are annoying for their debuffing.
Old 08-22-2011, 03:46 PM
Planar Protector

how good are mages?
Old 08-22-2011, 03:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakkily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
how good are mages?
Not great, but can be annoying. Mage spells are easy to resist if you have the gear (which every vet will be going for resist gear).

Nasty once you get the epic pet.
Old 08-22-2011, 03:49 PM
Planar Protector

yea, i just hope i dont see people rolling 30 necros, and druids and such

i dont think a cleric would do great them selves in pvp, but in tag teaming i bet not so bad
Old 08-22-2011, 04:23 PM
Planar Protector

Speculation is useless right now until we know how resists are going to work..
Old 08-22-2011, 04:25 PM
Planar Protector

exactly, but ogre shaman is always a good roll, in case people don't hack with cure counters.

Ogre is the way to go for any caster class that has ogre in the race pick, because of the no frontal stun. So ogre sk also much better than troll sk, that 10 regen at 60 really don't matter, rather lifetap without issues.
Videos
Wipe it clean.
Old 08-22-2011, 04:31 PM
Planar Protector

Gonna be a fuckton of druids, necros, mages, shamans. Classic is caster dominated usually.
Old 08-22-2011, 04:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
i dont think a cleric would do great them selves in pvp, but in tag teaming i bet not so bad
Ask seary how good clerics with hide can be.
Old 08-22-2011, 04:41 PM
Planar Protector

halflings automatically get hide?

back on live, i mainly played a rog, and raided with a friends cleric, then switched to the ranger as my main, though in classic it was the rog when i played, luclin+ more of the ranger, got to time

but i'm not too hardcore on arcane classes, though i do enjoy the mage, in pvp with melee, rogs i see can be good on quick ambush, quickly bs, then go back to sneak hide, but with low hp i see how they can be nuked to death quickly

wars, just go in swinging, and hope to live, or be said to die

rangers, have track, good in a team, or else die

pals, sk's i see both good for pvp, heavily clad in plate, with good resist twords arcane or priest classes go in and swing, steal hp and stun till their opponents dead

clerics, no idea, at the lower lvls i see a sorta tough, but at higher lvls may not be so bad

i just like to play shamans because i over all enjoy the class the most

ill never play a druid

but i do see the necro and other (not saying necros are arcane) but other arcane classes easily teaming up and wooping a ton of ass