Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 03-21-2010, 05:22 PM
Skeleton

Default Unknown error on server select screen

The wife and i logged off just fine last night, everything was fine. Today she logged in ok, but i get "An unknown error occurred while trying to join the server" message on the sever select screen. I exited the start up screen and tried again. I tried it a second time. I tried to rebooted my system. I opened my web browser to make sure I had internet connection.

I said a little prayer and tried again. I stood on one leg and tried. I stood on the other leg and tried. I fell on the floor because i cant hold both legs up at the same time. I banged my head on the desk and tried. I open a beer and tried. I stomped my feet, pulled my hair and beat my chest. I smashed my keyboard, crushed my monitor, and kicked my dog. nothing. no log on.

I put my system back together. Now I tried to log on with shear will power. I couldn't get the mouse to move fast enough with my mind. My nose began to bleed and my ears began to pop.

I looked over at my wife happily running around freeport on her system. She was laughing at me, but I had the last laugh. I knew she was completely lost and couldn't find the front gates. I seen her run by the arena 3 times. HAHAHA see if i help her. Now who is laughing. I told her to kick a guard and he will lead you to the gate. Well it was worth a try but she was wise to me.

Ok got to end this post she is starting to read it over my shoulder.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]i will try again.
Old 03-21-2010, 05:30 PM
Orc

i am having same problem. With one of my accounts only. I can log any other account onto any server. But the one account I want to play on I cannot get past server select. Get unknown error everytime
Old 03-21-2010, 05:57 PM
Skeleton

Ok, so I call my house phone with my cellphone and answer it. I pretend it is a neighbor on the phone. I tell my wife the neighbor said her puppy took a dump in her front lawn and she needs to go clean it up.

While she was gone i logged off her char from her computer. Then i logged on to her account to see if it went through. It worked, i can log onto her account, but not mine. Hmmm. Something is wrong with my account.
Old 03-21-2010, 06:23 PM
Fire Giant

So I noticed something with the IP exemption which could possibly be related?

So at my house, my account is what I requested to be exempt. So, I can have my account logged in, and any other account logged in. However, I can not have TWO of any other accounts logged in.

IE: I had a friend over to LAN, he could not log in because my room mate was on, but I could log in.
Old 03-21-2010, 06:29 PM
Orc

no this isn't related to ip exemption. Our accounts cannot log onto any server from any ip address.
Old 03-21-2010, 07:46 PM
Skeleton

I am back.

So i took a ride to the country and stole a chicken from a farm. I gathered some wood for a fire then I roiled a few large rocks in a circle around my fire. I striped down naked, and covered my sweaty body with chicken feathers. Chasing a featherless bird around the fire I sung that chorus from Wizard of Ozz the scarecrow sung. "If I only had a Brain"

WOOT it worked i tried again and now i can log on.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]