Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 10:48 AM
Aviak

Arrow Europe

I'm about to go to Europe for a couple of weeks on vacation. I'm probably going to rent a car in Germany, then drive around to Holland, France, Italy, and maybe hop over to England if I have time. Anyone got any suggestions on places I should check out? I will post pics here if anyone is interested, from the road or when I get back.
Old 08-14-2011, 01:48 PM
Aviak

london and venice are my 2 favorite places i've been. paris and rome are must sees. i got to spend a month in italy last summer, if your looking for a more off-the-map place, castellucio in italy is really scenic
Old 08-14-2011, 02:26 PM
Kobold

I just got back from a 17 day backpacking trip to Holland,Germany,Italy,Switzerland , Paris,Austria and London it was amazing..are you into culture and history or are you just down to hit clubs and party? FYI drink bottled water and DO NOT eat at a shabby shitty looking place in France i caught a serious stomach virus and it didn't hit me till i got back home the french are dirty. Amsterdam and Switzerland were my favorite....imagine being able to walk into a restaurant order your food go next door smoke a fat joint come back and your food is ready! what that's crazy i loved it and Switzerland was just gorgeous all around.
Old 08-14-2011, 03:36 PM
Banned

I'm headed to Ireland in the spring. Never been to Europe before, either.
Old 08-14-2011, 05:20 PM
Banned

How are you legally allowed to drive there?

Maybe you are, shit i wouldnt know.

Have fun in europe!
Old 08-14-2011, 05:21 PM
Banned

Oh and be careful. they drive on the wrong side of the road i hear... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-15-2011, 01:24 AM
Fire Giant

Spent 2 months backpacking around when I was 18. I drank local water everywhere and was just fine. Also, some of the coolest places to eat are going to be hole in the wall places off main streets. I only visited a few beaches in Italy around Genoa, and they were nice, but I'm sure you can find nicer elsewhere. Florence was my favorite place in Italy. Just a nice town to visit.

Italy has the Cinque Terre, which is a bad ass place to visit. Check out pictures of it online and you'll see. Its pretty touristy, but the hike along the farming cliffs is fucking amazing. I got there by train from Genoa, but you can probably drive somewhere closer if that's your thing.

I felt southern France was a bit overrated, and overrun with really ghetto Africans. No joke, no hyperbole, I saw a 12 year old kid driving a car on the sidewalk in Marseilles. Lots of people there trying to sell you stolen goods, and then attempt yank your own when you're not looking. If you go to southern France keep a good look out.

My suggestion is just to talk to people and wing it while you're there. Will make for a fun trip.