Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 01:08 PM
Sarnak

Default Acumen Mask Quest (wiz)

From what I remember, the Skeletal Monk in Uguk is supposed to drop the mask everytime. I've killed him 37 times so far, and no mask!

This is not at all what I remember from live.
Old 08-13-2011, 06:43 PM
Aviak

Ouch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I think I killed it 6 times for mine.

I had the same reaction as you though, I could have sworn it dropped every time too.

Originally from Tarew Marr. May it rest in peace, as it died to become Drinal :'(
Old 08-13-2011, 07:31 PM
Fire Giant

If it helps any, the scyer also drops the mask.
Old 08-13-2011, 10:42 PM
Kobold

Illia's EQ Bestiary
Quote:
This time I gated to the swamp side of entrance without killing the necro. When I got back he was alone and never resummoned pet. used him in simalar manner 4 more times to get two masks to drop (Wiz friend joined me between 3rd and 4th kills).
Quote:
We didn't get the mask, so we camped, and waited about 15 minutes or so until he popped. Halfway through that fight, Tempus popped and I simply enthralled him so he could wait his turn. We still didn't get the mask, so we had to wait again.

The third kill resulted in the mask.
Quote:
I am currentley working on the Wiz Quest I got the mask after giving up on monk and killing Scryer I belive it is a rare drop off monk maybe 1 out of 5 spawns he also has a long spawn time I'd say like 10 min. at Least there is no faction hit from either monk or Tempus.
Quote:
I'm camping him too at the moment, so far I've killed the monk 4 times, and still no mask.
Quote:
I camped him for seven spawns (I timed it at 18 mins a spawn, like the rest of Guk). No Mask. My fellow campers claimed I haven't been living right.
Quote:
A guildmate and I camped this little guy. His spawn rate was 16.5 minutes apart. We got 2 masks...on the third and fourth spawns.
As I told you in game, please do your research first to have evidence for you claims. The mask is not supposed to drop every time. Doing a forum search also yields not hits for Skeletal Monk or Acumen Mask, so there are no patch notes including a change to this mob. You may be just having very bad luck on the drop, which is hardly a rare thing in this game.
Old 08-14-2011, 08:33 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rais [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If it helps any, the scyer also drops the mask.
Both my Wizard and my Chanter got the mask of scryer within a spawn or two. Do that camp, ive seen that mask rott more than once.
Old 08-19-2011, 12:19 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Both my Wizard and my Chanter got the mask of scryer within a spawn or two. Do that camp, ive seen that mask rott more than once.
Thanks man.
Old 08-23-2011, 04:48 PM
Sarnak

Default Ok

He did drop it today on my way out of guk finally. A fix(?) or stupid random # gen. issue, I have no clue. Just glad I got the mask finally on my 38'th try.

Xaxian
Old 10-21-2011, 02:23 PM
Project Manager

It's a 48% drop rate. I do not see how it could have taken 38 tries :T
Old 10-26-2011, 10:31 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's a 48% drop rate. I do not see how it could have taken 38 tries :T
Thus, the reason for my petition.

I knew the drop rate was common (if not 100%) from memory. Every time I zoned into Guk LFG I'd check for a mask. Yup...37 tallies before BANG! If I didn't believe in statistics and the binomial distribution, I'd think a supernatural force was at play. Mwahaha! (Or an extremely picky random number generator, which has been proven before.)

I do seem to have the WORST luck at every single camp I've ever done. 5 days for the AC. 42 hours straight at Hadden. Whereas I've seen people just zone in, have AC pop, kill it, and leave. My petition wasn't frivolous (as the previous GM noted I needed "proof" for, lol). I'm probably one of the most laid-back people that play here. It was just getting way beyond the point of reasonableness for an item that nobody really cares about. There are actually people here that play that aren't trying to "pull a fast one" or exploiting the game, that are very decent human beings who are following all the rules and making P99 a better place.

Xaxian
Last edited by WizardEQ; 10-26-2011 at 10:44 AM..
Old 10-26-2011, 10:23 PM
Fire Giant

I had the same issue when I was doing the quest back sometime last year. I gave up killing Skeletal Monk after like the 15th time, and not once did he drop it. So I killed the Scyer and moved on.

Is there a way you can check how many times hes been killed, and how many times the mask has dropped? I know in terms of the big picture, its small. But personally, I know a good amount of people who have had the same issue.
Closed Thread