Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 02-27-2023, 04:05 PM
Kobold

Default Discord recognizing Everquest under WinEQ

For some reason, I cannot get Discord to recognize that I am playing P1999 under WinEQ. I have tried entering the games and the whole file reference into User Settings > Registered Games, but it will not recognize either my version of Everquest for this server, or WinEQ. (It does recognize the Steam version I have of the game.)

And suggestions?
Old 12-05-2023, 06:22 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I don't know why Discord refuses to recognize the old EQ clients. I had the same problem, and wanted to have Discord recognize I was playing P99 so friends would know that I might be in a group or something as a reason I may not be responsive to their messages.

I finally decided to just make my own tiny app that opens a minimized dummy window (so Discord can recognize it), launches EQ, then quits itself once quit out of EQ. Works for both Project 1999 and Project Quarm. You just have to put the app in the same main folder as P99/PQ (alongside eqgame.exe, since it will only look for it in the same folder it's in), and then make your shortcut point to this app instead.

It's a pretty simple app, and in case anyone else like yourself wants it I put it up on my web site. If you don't trust me, the .zip includes the full source code so you can build it yourself instead of using the pre-compiled .exe included inside. Here's the link: http://zauron.net/downloads/EQForDiscord.zip

NOTE: This will only help with the "Now playing" message appearing as your Discord status, set up by adding the app to Discord's "Registered Games" section of Settings and renaming it to EverQuest or whatever in those settings once added. It will not help if you want to use the Discord overlay with P99.
Last edited by Taron; 12-05-2023 at 06:26 PM..
Old 12-05-2023, 07:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowner411 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For some reason, I cannot get Discord to recognize that I am playing P1999 under WinEQ. I have tried entering the games and the whole file reference into User Settings > Registered Games, but it will not recognize either my version of Everquest for this server, or WinEQ. (It does recognize the Steam version I have of the game.)

And suggestions?
You have to run both programs at the same execution level. If you've installed under program files, and run p99 as an admin, then you need to run discord as an admin too.

Follow the instructions, don't install under program files, and you won't need to run as admin...

-Mcoy