Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 01-11-2023, 12:29 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Banned

Hello, I am trying to log into my account but the game says I am banned. I know my internet sucks but that is no reason to ban me. Please look into this. Thank you.
Old 01-11-2023, 01:04 AM
Senior Server Guide

Post in the Petition/Exploit forums and we'll take a look.
Old 01-11-2023, 10:29 AM
Planar Protector

Hi Digimortal,

I've provided a link to the Petition/Exploit forums here.

Threads in the above forum will only be visible to the thread creator and the staff, ensuring privacy.

Petitions are resolved in order of oldest - bumping and spamming your request for assistance will delay response. Please be thorough in providing required information at the start to ensure expedient resolution.

Here is the information specifically relevant to petitions regarding bans:

"Ban/Suspensions
Bans are generally a result of exploitation, 3rd party programs, multi-box offenses or RMT. These are never reversed. We do temp ban accounts if someone was scammed or you picked a name that may be offensive, this is usually a temporary ban if everything is resolved. Suspensions are usually a result of training, KSing, or misconduct."

Good luck in getting this issue resolved satisfactorily. Hope this helps.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 01-11-2023, 01:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi Digimortal,

I've provided a link to the Petition/Exploit forums here.

Threads in the above forum will only be visible to the thread creator and the staff, ensuring privacy.

Petitions are resolved in order of oldest - bumping and spamming your request for assistance will delay response. Please be thorough in providing required information at the start to ensure expedient resolution.

Here is the information specifically relevant to petitions regarding bans:

"Ban/Suspensions
Bans are generally a result of exploitation, 3rd party programs, multi-box offenses or RMT. These are never reversed. We do temp ban accounts if someone was scammed or you picked a name that may be offensive, this is usually a temporary ban if everything is resolved. Suspensions are usually a result of training, KSing, or misconduct."

Good luck in getting this issue resolved satisfactorily. Hope this helps.
The wiki is a 3rd party script which speeds up the game. Why isn't using that a bannable offence?
Old 01-11-2023, 04:47 PM
Planar Protector

This isn’t rnf pal.

Taking you seriously, wiki is hardly third party - it is hosted by the server and contributed by the player. It’s only a script in so far as it is it is a written document.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 01-11-2023, 07:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This isn’t rnf pal.

Taking you seriously, wiki is hardly third party - it is hosted by the server and contributed by the player. It’s only a script in so far as it is it is a written document.
MediaWiki is a 3rd party script.
The information on the wiki makes the game easier.

There is also a disclaimer on the wiki which reads "The Project 1999 Wiki is not maintained by the P99 staff and may contain inaccuracies between the emulator server, forums, live EverQuest, and reality."