Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 06:38 AM
Fire Giant

Lightbulb Mysteries of EQ: Highguard Battlestaff / Terrorantula Silk / Old pally epic

So because you guys can see the scripts and such ...

Did anyone ever figure out the mysteries of the "High Guard Battlestaff", "Terrantula Silk" (As well as the gargantuan legs/heart), and the old pally epic?

Instead of giving hints about the old pally epic, they just removed it from the game. An old GM once told me that it was solvable, just no one figured it out. The pally epic one aynways, not sure about the others.

If anyone else has some mysteries to add, let us know!

Maybe also , the glyphs and runes all over rathe mountains .. can you do anything cool with any of them?

There were also SO many mysteries in Highkeep. Locked doors, npcs with hidden keywords that respond to you ... a lot of the high guard battle staff had parts involved in hhk as well.

Or tazgar, the efreeti in temple of sol ro down the hidden passage? What is he actually for?

Edit:
* Lord Shin Ree , the rare lvl 20 something orc that spawns in the newb lvl 13 orc hill in EC. Super rare and way above level. Drops absolutely nothing.
Last edited by xblade724; 06-29-2011 at 07:07 PM..
Old 06-29-2011, 06:46 AM
Sarnak

i think they rewrote all quests from scratch . as far as i know (and i know nothing ) the quests were all server based . otherwise you could have been able to open the file and see all quests and how they are supposed to work . like quillmane for example . they have it spawn on p99 a lil different than on live servers .
Old 06-29-2011, 07:40 AM
Fire Giant

Lol ok. Regardless, they would also have access to item databases so there may actually be a high guard battlestaff .. would be cool to know the stats and such too. I was speaking to a GM when the server was first made, think his name was Rogaine or something, about it. He did a lot of research on the highguard battlestaff quest.
Old 06-29-2011, 08:07 AM
Sarnak

yeah . rogean and his sister rogaine rule this server . you were talking to his sister then ;D
Old 06-29-2011, 08:08 AM
Planar Protector

I can tell you're interested in the spirit of the quest/lore, though I've found the rewards from these types of classically epic quests and actual GM events to be less than satisfactory.

My druid in 2000 on Rodcet Nife, Lequox, participated in a GM event that involved us running from Qeynos Hills to Misty Thicket. I won the race, I believe I had to "drop mail off" to a few citizens in the Karanas, Highpass & Kith and received a necklace that looked like:

Necklace of Long-Annoying Gm Event:
Ac 1
sv fire 5 wis 2
class druid
race halfling
Old 06-29-2011, 11:04 AM
Banned

The man who discovered the real use for the Terrorantula Silk was taken by the CIA and tortured to death.

Some believe it was used to make a negative weight bag, one which you added heavy items to and reduced your total carried weight.

Others believe that there's still "thousands of quests players never discovered". They're called (in a low whisper) "the stupid people".
Old 06-29-2011, 11:16 AM
Orc

The only known use for TS is culture armor.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:05 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They're called (in a low whisper) "the stupid people".
It was confirmed by SoE that theres a lot of unsolved quests, in the anniversary video.

So either they lie, or the supid people are not that stupid.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:09 PM
Planar Protector

one quest that was never finished, i dont remember the name, but there was a human chick i killed in ek, in the canyon, dropped a silk armor, or the other

looked the quest up on zam, others stated how they tried to finish the quest, and never succeeded in figuring it out
Old 06-29-2011, 12:13 PM
Planar Protector

probably meant more like unfinished quests.

It's a basis of my reality that there are people out there that will spend their time finding everything there is to know about everything, and that information will be spread to me via word of mouth, internet, media, etc. If you try and disrupt this foundation of my psyche I may just explode.