Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2021, 08:38 AM
Sarnak

Default Bucket list twink warrior

So I for whatever reason decided to give up on my SK in place of a twinkled warrior. I had never once played the warrior class up until now due to knowing how gear defendant they were. Well now days i have some equity and have a lot of good gear already for a war. So i made the leap and i have to say. At level 39 now and i still feel invincible. Plenty of dps to destroy mobs and with my gear a dark blue basically does no damage to me 1v1. This is something everyone should have on their bucket list...fully twink a warrior on classic EQ...I have never felt so invincible in this game before.
Last edited by chevy79bu; 05-24-2021 at 08:40 AM..
Old 05-24-2021, 11:03 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy79bu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I for whatever reason decided to give up on my SK in place of a twinkled warrior. I had never once played the warrior class up until now due to knowing how gear defendant they were. Well now days i have some equity and have a lot of good gear already for a war. So i made the leap and i have to say. At level 39 now and i still feel invincible. Plenty of dps to destroy mobs and with my gear a dark blue basically does no damage to me 1v1. This is something everyone should have on their bucket list...fully twink a warrior on classic EQ...I have never felt so invincible in this game before.
If you went gnome, get a couple pieces of clockwork and warrior goes to a whole nother twink level
Old 05-24-2021, 11:12 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disease [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you went gnome, get a couple pieces of clockwork and warrior goes to a whole nother twink level
Lol as tempting as it was to roll a gnome I ended up going DEX ogre warrior. Definatly dont regret it but I suppose one way or another you will give up something when choosing a race especially for warrior. Be it fashion, slam, stun immune, specific gear, regin, whatever you choose they dont have it all.
Old 05-24-2021, 11:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy79bu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol as tempting as it was to roll a gnome I ended up going DEX ogre warrior. Definatly dont regret it but I suppose one way or another you will give up something when choosing a race especially for warrior. Be it fashion, slam, stun immune, specific gear, regin, whatever you choose they dont have it all.
I'd reroll Troll. Better fashion & the regen will be nice 50+ when you stop wreckin everything if you do plan to continually solo especially since combat bind wound was nerfed. Also nice not being Ogre warrior #3423425646. But that's just me, enjoy the twinkage but 50+ is when the real grind starts and suddenly the naked druid is out leveling you.

I've done more solo melee twink builds than I can count. Pretty much any of them can get to 50 in 1-2 weeks if you know where to hunt, but I find pallies really are #1 50+ because of how much dungeon utility they have, and really OP healing like DW bp.
Last edited by Crede; 05-24-2021 at 11:26 AM..
Old 05-24-2021, 12:10 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd reroll Troll. Better fashion & the regen will be nice 50+ when you stop wreckin everything if you do plan to continually solo especially since combat bind wound was nerfed. Also nice not being Ogre warrior #3423425646. But that's just me, enjoy the twinkage but 50+ is when the real grind starts and suddenly the naked druid is out leveling you.

I've done more solo melee twink builds than I can count. Pretty much any of them can get to 50 in 1-2 weeks if you know where to hunt, but I find pallies really are #1 50+ because of how much dungeon utility they have, and really OP healing like DW bp.
Yeah I played a pally to 60 on live back in the day and always really enjoyed the class. Have yet to make on on p99 though but one day I'm sure I will. I guess my main point to this pointless post was just how incredibly tanky the warrior feels right now being as twinkled as he is. My SK in equally twinkled gear didn't feel half as tanky as the warrior does for whatever reason. Then again my SK is a DE so probably not the tuffest race to play as an SK.
Old 05-24-2021, 01:52 PM
Planar Protector

now try monk if you really want to feel invincible
Old 05-24-2021, 03:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
now try monk if you really want to feel invincible
Not quite like it was, combat bind wound to 70% starting at lvl 51 was broke af.
Old 05-25-2021, 02:59 PM
Planar Protector

Glad you like your warrior. They're the best class in the game.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 05-26-2021, 09:27 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Glad you like your warrior. They're the best class in the game.
Man do I ever! I honestly always thought I would just completely hate the class as they just seemed way to simple for me as I am far from an afk EQ player. I like to be as active while playing as possible. But the lack of buttons to push for me is not translating into a lack of things to keep me actively playing my character. I have found that especially in a group just the level of awareness of threat levels on mobs and positioning of mobs for the group etc is 0lenty enough to keep me entertained. I actually like that on the warrior I have to work to get aggro and maintain it. I'm level 39 now but cannot wait for 40 when my frostbringer begins to proc. I will be using frostbringer/wess combo as it seems that is a good combo from my research.
Old 05-28-2021, 03:43 PM
Fire Giant

War is definitely most fun class [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]